|Package | PIN:||RGR | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Low Dropout: 180 mV (max) at 3 A
- 1% (max) Accuracy Over Line, Load, and Temperature
- Output Voltage Noise:
- 4.4 µVRMS at 0.8-V Output
- 7.7 µVRMS at 5.0-V Output
- Input Voltage Range:
- Without BIAS: 1.4 V to 6.5 V
- With BIAS: 1.1 V to 6.5 V
- ANY-OUT&trde; Operation:
- Output Voltage Range: 0.8 V to 3.95 V
- Adjustable Operation:
- Output Voltage Range: 0.8 V to 5.0 V
- Power-Supply Ripple Rejection:
- 40 dB at 500 kHz
- Excellent Load Transient Response
- Adjustable Soft-Start In-Rush Control
- Open-Drain Power-Good (PG) Output
- Stable with a 47-µF or Larger Ceramic Output Capacitor
- 3.5-mm × 3.5-mm, 20-Pin VQFN
Texas Instruments TPS7A8400RGRR
The TPS7A84 is a low-noise (4.4 µVRMS), low-dropout linear regulator (LDO) capable of sourcing 3 A with only 180 mV of maximum dropout. The device output voltage is pin-programmable from 0.8 V to 3.95 V and adjustable from 0.8 V to 5.0 V using an external resistor divider.
The combination of low-noise (4.4 µVRMS), high-PSRR, and high output current capability makes the TPS7A84 ideal to power noise-sensitive components such as those found in high-speed communications, video, medical, or test and measurement applications. The high performance of the TPS7A84 limits power-supply-generated phase noise and clock jitter, making this device ideal for powering high-performance serializer and deserializer (SerDes), analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), digital-to-analog converters (DACs), and RF components. Specifically, RF amplifiers benefit from the high-performance and 5.0-V output capability of the device.
For digital loads [such as application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), and digital signal processors (DSPs)] requiring low-input voltage, low-output (LILO) voltage operation, the exceptional accuracy (0.75% over load and temperature), remote sensing, excellent transient performance, and soft-start capabilities of the TPS7A84 ensure optimal system performance.
The versatility of the TPS7A84 makes the device a component of choice for many demanding applications.