|Package | PIN:||RGR | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Low Dropout: 150 mV (Typical) at 4 A
- 0.75% (Maximum) Accuracy Over Line, Load, and Temperature With BIAS
- Output Voltage Noise:
- 4.4 µVRMS at 0.8-V Output
- 7.7 µVRMS at 5.1-VOutput
- Input Voltage Range:
- Without BIAS: 1.4 V to 6.5 V
- With BIAS: 1.1 V to 6.5V
- ANY-OUT™ Operation:
- Output Voltage Range: 0.8 V to 3.95 V
- Adjustable Operation:
- Output Voltage Range: 0.8 V to 5.1 V
- Power-Supply Ripple Rejection:
- 40 dB at 500 kHz
- Excellent Load Transient Response
- Adjustable Soft-Start In-Rush Control
- Open-Drain Power-Good (PG) Output
- Stable with a 47-µF or Larger Ceramic Output Capacitor
- θJC = 3.4°C/W
- 3.5-mm × 3.5-mm, 20-Pin VQFN
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS7A8500ARGRT
The TPS7A85A is a low-noise (4.4 µVRMS), low dropout linearregulator (LDO) capable of sourcing 4 A with only 240 mV of maximum dropout. The device outputvoltage is pin-programmable from 0.8 V to 3.95 V and adjustable from 0.8 V to 5.1 V using anexternal resistor divider.
The combination of low-noise (4.4 µVRMS), high- PSRR, and highoutput current capability makes the TPS7A85A ideal to power noise-sensitive components such asthose found in high-speed communications, video, medical, or test and measurement applications. Thehigh performance of the TPS7A85A limits power-supply-generated phase noise and clock jitter, makingthis device ideal for powering high-performance serializer and deserializer (SerDes),analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), digital-to-analog converters (DACs), and RF components.Specifically, RF amplifiers benefit from the high-performance and 5.1-V output capability of thedevice.
For digital loads (such as application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs),field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), and digital signal processors (DSPs)) requiring low-inputvoltage, low-output (LILO) voltage operation, the exceptional accuracy (0.75% over load andtemperature), remote sensing, excellent transient performance, and soft-start capabilities of theTPS7A85A ensure optimal system performance.
The versatility of the TPS7A8500A makes the device a component of choice for manydemanding applications.