|Package | PIN:||PWP | 28|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C Ambient Operating TemperatureRange
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level 2
- Device CDM ESDClassification Level C4B
- Maximum Output Current: 500 mA
- 4-V to 40-V Wide VIN Input-Voltage Range With Up to 45-V Transients
- Fixed 3.3-V and 5-V Outputs
- Maximum Dropout Voltage: 600 mV at 500 mA
- Stable With Output Capacitor in Wide-Range of Capacitance (4.7 µF to 500 µF) and ESR (0.001 Ω to 20 Ω)
- Low Quiescent Current (I(Q))
- < 4 µA When EN Is Low (Shutdown Mode)
- 19 µA Typical atLight Loads With WD_EN High (Watchdog Disabled)
- Configurable for Window Watchdog or Standard Watchdog
- Open-to-Closed Window Ratio Configurable as 1:1 or 8:1
- Fully Adjustable Watchdog Period (From 10 ms to 500 ms)
- 9% Accurate Watchdog Period
- Dedicated WD_EN Pin to Control Watchdog ON-OFF
- Fully Adjustable Power-Good Threshold and Power-Good Delay Period
- Low Input-Voltage Tracking to UVLO
- Integrated Fault Protection
- Overload Current-Limit Protection
- 28-Pin HTSSOP Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS7B6850QPWPRQ1
In automotive microcontroller or microprocessor power-supply applications, the watchdogis used to monitor the microcontroller working status to prevent software runaway. It is necessaryfor the watchdog to be independent of the microcontroller in a reliable system.
The TPS7B68xx-Q1 device is a family of 500-mA watchdog LDOs designed for an operatingvoltage up to 40 V, with typical quiescent current of only 19 µA at light load. The devicesintegrate a programmable function for selecting a window or standard watchdog, with an externalresistor to set the watchdog time within 9% accuracy.
The PG pin on the TPS7B68xx-Q1 devices indicate when the output voltage is stable and inregulation. The power-good delay period and power-good threshold can be adjusted by externalcomponents. The devices also feature an integrated short-circuit and overcurrent protection. Thecombination of such features makes these devices particularly flexible and suitable to supplymicrocontroller systems in automotive applications.