|Package | PIN:||SIP | 9|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 91% Efficiency at 4MHz Operation
- Wide VIN Range From 2.5V to 5.5V
- IOUT ≥550mA at VOUT = 5.0V, VIN ≥3.3V
- Fixed Output Voltage 5.0V
- ±2% Total DC Voltage Accuracy
- 43µA Supply Current
- Best-in-Class Line and Load Transient
- VIN ≥ VOUT Operation
- Low-Ripple Light-Load PFM Mode
- True Load Disconnect During Shutdown
- Thermal Shutdown and Overload Protection
- Sub 1-mm Profile Solution
- Total Solution Size <9mm2
- 9-Pin MicroSiP Packaging
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS81256SIPR
The TPS81256 device is a complete MicroSiP DC/DC step-up power solution intended forbattery-powered portable applications. Included in the package are the switching regulator,inductor and input/output capacitors. Only a tiny additional output capacitor is required to finishthe design.
The TPS81256 is based on a high-frequency synchronous step-up DC/DC converter optimizedfor battery-powered portable applications.
The DC/DC converter operates at a regulated 4-MHz switching frequency and enterspower-save mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire loadcurrent range.
The PFM mode extends the battery life by reducing the supply current to 43µA (typical)during light load operation. Intended for low-power applications, the TPS81256 supports more than3W output power over a full Li-Ion battery voltage range. Input current in shutdown mode is lessthan 1µA (typical), which maximizes battery life.
The TPS81256 offers a very small solution size of less than9mm2 due to minimum amount of external components. The solution ispackaged in a compact (2.6mm x 2.9mm) and low profile (1.0mm) BGA package suitable for automatedassembly by standard surface mount equipment.