|Package | PIN:||SIL | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Low Profile MicroSiP™ Power Module
- DCS-Control Topology
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- 17-µA Operating Quiescent Current
- -40°C to 125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Hiccup Short Circuit Protection
- 2.5-V to 6-V Input Voltage Range
- 0.8-V to VIN Adjustable Output Voltage
- Power Save Mode for Light Load Efficiency
- 100% Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- Output Discharge Function
- Power Good Output
- Integrated Soft Startup, and Support Pre-biased Startup
- Over Temperature Protection
- CISPR11 Class B Compliant
- 2.8-mm x 3.0-mm x 1.3-mm 8-Pin µSiL Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS82085SILT
The TPS82084/5 are 2-A/3-A step-down converter MicroSiP™modules optimized for small solution size and high efficiency. The power module integrates asynchronous step-down converter and an inductor to simplify design, reduce external components andsave PCB area. The low profile and compact solution is suitable for automated assembly by standardsurface mount equipment.
To maximize efficiency, the converter operates in PWM mode with a nominal switchingfrequency of 2.4MHz and automatically enters Power Save Mode operation at light load currents. InPower Save Mode, the device operates with typically 17-µA quiescent current. Using the DCS-Controltopology, the device achieves excellent load transient performance and accurate output voltageregulation. The EN and PG pins, which support sequencing configurations, bring a flexible systemdesign. An integrated soft startup reduces the inrush current required from the input supply. Overtemperature protection and Hiccup short circuit protection deliver a robust and reliablesolution.