|Package | PIN:||SIP | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 90% Efficiency at 5.5 MHz Operation
- 17µA Quiescent Current
- Wide VIN Range From 2.3 V to 4.8 V
- 5.5MHz Regulated Frequency Operation
- Spread Spectrum, PWM Frequency Dithering
- Best in Class Load and Line Transient
- ±2% Total DC Voltage Accuracy
- Automatic PFM/PWM Mode Switching
- Low Ripple Light-Load PFM Mode
- ≥35dB VIN PSRR (1kHz to 10kHz)
- Internal Soft Start, 120-µs Start-Up Time
- Integrated Active Power-Down Sequencing
- Current Overload and Thermal Shutdown
- Sub 1-mm Profile Solution
- Total Solution Size <6.7 mm2
Texas Instruments TPS82672SIPR
The TPS8267x device is a complete 600mA, DC/DC step-down power supply intended for low-power applications. Included in the package are the switching regulator, inductor and input/output capacitors. No additional components are required to finish the design.
The TPS8267x is based on a high-frequency synchronous step-down dc-dc converter optimized for battery-powered portable applications. The MicroSiP™ DC/DC converter operates at a regulated 5.5-MHz switching frequency and enters the power-save mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range.
The PFM mode extends the battery life by reducing the quiescent current to 17µA (typ) during light load operation. For noise-sensitive applications, the device has PWM spread spectrum capability providing a lower noise regulated output, as well as low noise at the input. These features, combined with high PSRR and AC load regulation performance, make this device suitable to replace a linear regulator to obtain better power conversion efficiency.
The TPS8267x is packaged in a compact (2.3mm × 2.9mm) and low profile (1.0mm) BGA package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment.