|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- LLC Resonant Switching Driver Controller for Multi-String LED Lighting Applications
- Half-Bridge Topology
- Fixed or Variable Switching Frequency Control
- Programmable Soft-Start Time
- Programmable Dead Time for Best Efficiency
- Easy ON/OFF Control
- Overcurrent Protection
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Bias Voltage UVLO and OVP
- Integrated Gate Driver With 0.4-A Source and 0.8-A Sink Capability
- Operating Temperature Range: –40°C to 125°C
- SOIC 8-Pin Package
Texas Instruments TPS92023D
The TPS92023 is a high-performance resonant- switching LED driver controller. It is designed for use in higher power LED lighting systems. The TPS92023 uses resonant switching in an LLC topology to achieve a very high efficiency compared to traditional half-bridge converters.
The programmable dead time enables zero-voltage switching with minimum magnetizing current, maximizing system efficiency across a variety of applications.
The TPS92023 can operate in two switching frequency modes. Fixed frequency allows for simple design when the load current is constant while variable switching allows for optimal closed-loop control for loads with varying currents. The internal oscillator supports the switching frequencies from 30 kHz to 380 kHz. This high-accuracy oscillator realizes the minimum switching frequency limiting with 4% tolerance, allowing the designer to avoid of the power stage and, thus, further reducing overall system cost.