|Package | PIN:||DDA | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- High-Performance Solution for Driving LEDs from AC Mains
- Simplifies Design of Phase Dimmable LED Driver with High Power
Factor, Low Total Harmonic Distortion, and Low Current Ripple
- Suitable for LED Luminaires up to 70+ W
- Input Voltage Range: 7.5 V to 100 V
- Stackable 100 V, 2-Ω MOSFET Building Block
- Controlled Switch Open and Close Transitions Minimize EMI
- Designed for use with the TPS92410 or with a Discrete
- Input Undervoltage Protection
- Output Overvoltage Protection (TPS92411P)
- Low IQ: 200 µA (typ)
Texas Instruments TPS92411PDDAR
The TPS92411 is a 100-V floating MOSFET switch for use in offline LED lighting applications. The device is used in conjunction with a current regulator that can achieve a power factor greater than 0.9 to create a LED drive solution with low-ripple current. When properly designed, solution performance is comparable to traditional flyback, buck or boost-based AC/DC LED drivers. The approach requires no inductive components, thus saving size and cost. Slew-controlled low-frequency operation of the TPS92411 switches creates very little EMI. Detailed operation is described in the Application Information section.
Package options include SOT23-5 and PSOP-8 allowing the user to optimize for small size or scale for high power. Using the PSOP-8 package, design of LED luminaires up to 70 W or more is possible. Other features include a UVLO circuit to monitor when the device has sufficient voltage to operate properly and over-voltage protection (TPS92411P).