|Package | PIN:||PWP | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C Ambient Operating TemperatureRange
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C3B
- 3-Ch. LED Driver With Analog and PWM Dimming
- Wide Input-Voltage Range: 5 V–40 V
- Adjustable Constant Output Current Set by Reference Resistor
- Max. Current: 150 mA per Channel
- Max. Current: 450 mA in Parallel Operation Mode
- Accuracy: ±1.5% per Channel When I(IOUTx) >30 mA
- Accuracy: ±2.5% per Device When I(IOUTx) >30 mA
- Parallel Outputs for Higher Current Using Multiple ICs or Multiple Channels of a Single IC
- Low Dropout Voltage
- Max. Dropout: 400 mV at 60 mA per Channel
- Max. Dropout: 0.9 V at 150 mA per Channel
- Independent PWM Dimming per Channel
- Open and Shorted LED Detection With Deglitch Timer
- LED-String Voltage Feedback per Channel for Single-LED Short Detection
- Separate Fault Pin for Single-LED Short Failure
- Fault Pin for Open, Short, and Thermal Shutdown Failure Reporting, Allowing Parallel Bus Connection up to 15 Devices
- Device Accommodates a Slow Input-Voltage dV/dt (0.5 V/min) With No Issues
- Operating Junction Temperature Range –40°C to 150°C
- Package: 16-Pin Thermally Enhanced PWP Package (HTSSOP)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS92630QPWPRQ1
The TPS92630-Q1 device is a three-channel linear LED driver with analog and PWM dimmingcontrol. Its full-diagnostic and built-in protection capabilities make it a suitable choice forvariable-intensity LED lighting applications up to the medium-power range.
The design of this device suits it well for driving LEDs configured as a single string ormultiple strings within its power capability. A single device can drive up to three strings withone to three LEDs in each string at a total current of up to 150 mA per channel. Outputs can beparalleled to provide higher current drive capability to 450 mA.
In multiple-string applications, the device offers the advantage of having common-cathodeconnection of the LED strings. So, the application needs only a single return wire instead of onereturn wire per LED string that a system with low-side current sense would need.
A single-LED-short comparator allows detection of single LED failing with a shortcircuit. Fault output can support bus connection topology between multiple devices.
The included temperature monitor reduces the LED drive current if the device junctiontemperature exceeds a thermal threshold. One can program the temperature threshold through anexternal resistor. One can disable the thermal current-monitor feature by connecting the TEMP pinto ground. Output of the junction temperature as an analog voltage is available as a factoryprogram option.