|Package | PIN:||PWP | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Wide Input Voltage: 4.5 V to 65 V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 2 V to 65 V
- Low Input Offset Rail-to-Rail Current Sense Amplifier
- Better than ±3% LED Current Accuracy over 25°C to 140°C Junction Temperature Range
- Compatible With High-Side and Low-Side Current Sense Implementations
- High-Impedance Analog LED Current Adjust Input (IADJ) With over 15:1 Contrast Ratio
- Over 1000:1 Series FET PWM Dimming Ratio With Integrated Series N-Channel Dim Driver Interface
- Continuous LED Current Monitor Output for System Fault Detection and Diagnoses
- Programmable Switching Frequency With External Clock Synchronization Capability
- Programmable Soft-Start and Slope Compensation
- Comprehensive Fault Protection Circuitry Including VCC Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO), Output Overvoltage Protection (OVP), Cycle-by-Cycle Switch Current Limit, and Thermal Protection
- TPS92691-Q1: Automotive Q100 Grade 1 Qualified
Texas Instruments TPS92691QPWPRQ1
The TPS92691/-Q1 is a versatile LED controller that can support a range of step-up or step-down driver topologies. The device implements a fixed-frequency peak current mode control technique with programmable switching frequency, slope compensation, and soft-start timing. It incorporates a high voltage (65-V) rail-to-rail current sense amplifier that can directly measure LED current using either a high-side or a low-side series sense resistor. The amplifier is designed to achieve low input offset voltage and attain better than ±3% LED current accuracy over junction temperature range of 25°C to 140°C and output common-mode voltage range of 0 to 60 V.
LED current can be independently modulated using either analog or PWM dimming techniques. Linear analog dimming response with 15:1 range is obtained by varying the voltage from 140 mV to 2.25 V across the high impedance analog adjust (IADJ) input. PWM dimming of LED current is achieved by modulating the PWM input pin with the desired duty cycle and frequency. Optional DDRV gate driver output can be used to enable series FET dimming functionality to get over 1000:1 contrast ratio.
The TPS92691/-Q1 supports continuous LED status check through the current monitor (IMON) output. This allows for LED short circuit or open circuit detection and protection. Additional fault protection features include VCC UVLO, output OVP, switch cycle-by-cycle current limit, and thermal protection.