|Package | PIN:||MOL | 59|
|Temp:||T (-40 to 105)|
- Complete Integrated PMBus™ Power Solution
- Pin Compatible With TPSM846C24 (non-PMBus)
- Stackable up to 70 A With Current Sharing
- Output Voltage Range 0.35 V to 2 V
- Output Voltage Accuracy as Tight as 0.5%
- 15 mm × 16 mm Footprint (6.4 Max Height)
- 300-kHz to 1-MHz Switching Frequency
- Synchronization to an External Clock
- Differential Remote Sense
- Power-Good Output
- Prebias Output Monotonic Start-Up
- PMBus Telemetry: Current, Voltage, Temperature
- Programmable Protection and Fault Response
- Programmable UVLO, Soft Start/Stop, Delays
- Operating IC Junction Range: –40°C to +125°C
- Operating Ambient Range: –40°C to +105°C
- Enhanced Thermal Performance: 8.7°C/W
- Meets EN55022 Class A Emissions
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPSM846C23 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPSM846C23MOLR
The TPSM846C23 is a 35-A fixed-frequency, PMBus-compliant, step-down power module, withPMBus commands that allow for the configuration, control, and monitoring of key power regulatorfunctions. The module incorporates the controller, power MOSFETs, inductor, and associatedcomponents into a rugged, thermally enhanced, surface-mount package. The user supplies the inputand output capacitors along with a few other passive components to set the operating parameters ofthe module. Two modules can be configured to work in parallel to provide up to a 70-A, two-phasepower solution.
The PMBus interface provides for converter configuration of output voltage, UVLO, softstart, soft stop, overcurrent, and thermal shutdown parameters. The interface also provides supportfor telemetry that can report the actual output voltage, output current, and device temperature.Standard PMBus warning and fault functions are also supported. The device supports PMBuscommunication speeds up to 400 kHz and supports a subset of the commands in the PMBus 1.3specification.
The 15-mm × 16-mm component footprint is easy to solder onto a printed circuit board andallows a compact, point-of-load design.