|Package | PIN:||PW | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Meets or Exceeds TIA/RS-232-F and ITU Recommendation V.28
- Operates From a Single 5-V Power Supply With 1.0-µF Charge-Pump Capacitors
- Operates up to 250 kbit/s
- Two Drivers and Two Receivers
- ±30-V Input Levels
- Low Supply Current . . . 8 mA Typical
- ESD Protection for RS-232 Bus Pins
- ±15-kV Human-Body Model (HBM)
- ±8-kV IEC61000-4-2, Contact Discharge
- ±15-kV IEC61000-4-2, Air-Gap Discharge
- Battery-Powered Systems
LinASIC is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TRS232EIPW
The TRS232E is a dual driver/receiver that includes a capacitive voltage generator to supply TIA/RS-232-F voltage levels from a single 5-V supply. Each receiver converts TIA/RS-232-F inputs to 5-V TTL/CMOS levels. This receiver has a typical threshold of 1.3 V, a typical hysteresis of 0.5 V, and can accept ±30-V inputs. Each driver converts TTL/CMOS input levels into TIA/RS-232-F levels. The driver, receiver, and voltage-generator functions are available as cells in the Texas Instruments LinASIC library.