|Package | PIN:||RTJ | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 4-Wire Touch Screen Interface
- Ratiometric Conversion
- Single 1.2V to 3.6V Supply
- Preprocessing to Reduce Bus Activity
- High-Speed SPI-Compatible Interface
- Internal Detection of Screen Touch
- Register-Based Programmable:
- 10-Bit or 12-Bit Resolution
- Sampling Rates
- System Timing
- On-Chip Temperature Measurement
- Touch Pressure Measurement
- Auto Power-Down Control
- Low Power:
- 707µW at 1.8V, 50SSPS
- 544µW at 1.6V, 50SSPS
- 280µW at 1.2V, 50SSPS
- 69µW at 1.6V, 8.2kSPS Eq. Rate
- 43µW 1.2V, 8.2kSPS Eq. Rate
- Enhanced ESD Protection:
- ±8kV HBM
- ±1kV CDM
- ±25kV Air Gap Discharge
- ±12kV Contact Discharge
- 4 × 4 QFN-20 and 0.4mm 4 × 4 XTQFN-20(1) Packages
- Personal Digital Assistants
- Cellular Phones
- Portable Instruments
- Point-of-Sale Terminals
- MP3 Players, Pagers
- Multiscreen Touch Control Systems
(1) XTQFN package available Q4, 2009.
U.S. Patent No. 6246394; other patents pending.
SPI is a trademark of Motorola, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TSC2006IRTJT
The TSC2006 is a very low-power touch screen controller designed to work with power-sensitive, handheld applications that are based on advanced low-voltage processors. It works with a supply voltage as low as 1.2V, which can be supplied by a single-cell battery. It contains a complete, ultralow-power, 12-bit, analog-to-digital (A/D) resistive touch screen converter, including drivers and the control logic to measure touch pressure.
In addition to these standard features, the TSC2006 offers preprocessing of the touch screen measurements to reduce bus loading, thus reducing the consumption of host processor resources that can then be redirected to more critical functions.
The TSC2006 supports an SPI-compatible serial bus up to 25MHz. It offers programmable resolution of 10 or 12 bits to accommodate different screen sizes and performance needs.
The TSC2006 is available in a miniature 20-lead, 4 × 4 QFN package, and is characterized for the -40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range.