|Package | PIN:||RGV | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 4-Wire Touch Screen Interface
- Single 1.2V to 3.6V Supply/Reference
- Ratiometric Conversion
- Effective Throughput Rate:
- Up to 20kHz (8-Bit) or 10kHz (12-Bit)
- Preprocessing to Reduce Bus Activity
- High-Speed SPI™ (up to 25MHz)
- Simple Command-Based User Interface:
- TSC2046 Compatible
- 8- or 12-Bit Resolution
- On-Chip Temperature Measurement
- Touch Pressure Measurement
- Digital Buffered PENIRQ
- On-Chip, Programmable PENIRQ Pull-up
- Auto Power-Down Control
- Low Power (12-Bit, 8.2kHz Eq Rate):
- 30.4µA at 1.2V, fSCLK = 5MHz
- 35.5µA at 1.8V, fSCLK = 10MHz
- 44.6µA at 2.7V, fSCLK = 10MHz
- Power-On, Software, and SureSet™ Resets
- Enhanced ESD Protection:
- ±8kV HBM
- ±1kV CDM
- ±25kV Air Gap Discharge
- ±15kV Contact Discharge
- 1.5 x 2 WCSP-12 and 4 x 4 QFN-16 Packages
- Cellular Phones
- PDA, GPS, and Media Players
- Portable Instruments
- Point-of-Sale Terminals
- Multi-Screen Touch Control Systems
U.S. Patent No. 6246394; other patents pending.
SureSet is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
SPI is a trademark of Motorola Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TSC2008IRGVT
The TSC2008 is a very low-power touch screen controller designed to work with power-sensitive, handheld applications that are based on advanced low-voltage processors. It works with a supply voltage as low as 1.2V, which can be supplied by a single-cell battery. It contains a complete, ultra-low power, 12-bit, analog-to-digital (A/D) resistive touch screen converter, including drivers and the control logic to measure touch pressure.
In addition to these standard features, the TSC2008 offers preprocessing of the touch screen measurements to reduce bus loading, thus reducing the consumption of host processor resources that can then be redirected to more critical functions.
The TSC2008 supports an SPI serial bus and data transmission. It offers programmable resolution of 8 or 12 bits to accommodate different screen sizes and performance needs.
The TSC2008 is available in a 12-lead,(1,555 ±0,055mm) x (2,055 ±0,055mm) 3 x 4 array, wafer chip-scale package (WCSP), and a 16-pin, 4 x 4 QFN package. The TSC2008 is characterized for the -40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range.