|Package | PIN:||YZG | 12|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 4-Wire Touch Screen Interface
- Ratiometric Conversion
- Single 1.2V to 3.6V Supply
- Preprocessing to Reduce Bus Activity
- High-Speed I2C-Compatible Interface
- Internal Detection of Screen Touch
- Register-Based Programmable:
- 10-Bit or 12-Bit Resolution
- Sampling Rates
- System Timing
- On-Chip Temperature Measurement
- Touch Pressure Measurement
- Auto Power-Down Control
- Low Power:
- 430µW at 1.8V, 50SSPS
- 320µW at 1.6V, 50SSPS
- 190µW at 1.2V, 50SSPS
- 58µW at 1.6V, 8.2kSPS Eq. Rate
- 37µW at 1.2V, 8.2kSPS Eq. Rate
- Enhanced ESD Protection:
- ±8kV HBM
- ±1kV CDM
- ±25kV Air Gap Discharge
- ±11kV Contact Discharge
- 1.5 × 2.0 WCSP-12 Package U.S. Patent No. 6,246,394; other patents pending.
Texas Instruments TSC2014IYZGR
The TSC2014 is a very low-power touch screen controller designed to work with power-sensitive, handheld applications that are based on advanced low-voltage processors. It works with a supply voltage as low as 1.2V, which can be supplied by a single-cell battery. It contains a complete, ultralow-power, 12-bit, analog-to-digital (A/D) resistive touch screen converter, including drivers and the control logic to measure touch pressure.
In addition to these standard features, the TSC2014 offers preprocessing of the touch screen measurements to reduce bus loading, thus reducing the consumption of host processor resources that can then be redirected to more critical functions.
The TSC2014 supports an I2C serial bus and data transmission protocol in all three defined modes: standard, fast, and high-speed. It offers programmable resolution of 10 or 12 bits to accommodate different screen sizes and performance needs.
The TSC2014 is available in a miniature, 12-lead,
3 × 4 array, (1.555 ±0.055)mm × (2.055 ±0.055)mm wafer chip-scale package (WCSP) package. The device is characterized for the –40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range.