|Package | PIN:||YZG | 12|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 4-Wire Touch Screen Interface
- Single 1.6V to 3.6V Supply/Reference
- Ratiometric Conversion
- Effective Throughput Rate:
- Up to 20kHz (8-Bit) or 10kHz (12-Bit)
- Preprocessing to Reduce Bus Activity
- I2C Interface Supports:
- Standard, Fast, and High-Speed Modes
- Simple, Command-Based User Interface:
- TSC2003/TSC2007 Compatible
- 8- or 12-Bit Resolution
- On-Chip Temperature Measurement
- Touch Pressure Measurement
- Digital Buffered PENIRQ
- On-Chip, Programmable PENIRQ Pull-Up
- Comprehensive Reset Schemes:
- Power-On, Software, and Hardware Resets
- Auto Power-Down Control
- Low Power (12-Bit):
- 39.31µA at 1.8V, Fast Mode, 8.2kHz Eq Rate
- 53.32µA at 2.7V, Fast Mode, 8.2kHz Eq Rate
- Enhanced ESD Protection for IEC Testing:
- ±8kV HBM
- ±1kV CDM
- ±25kV Air Gap Discharge
- ±15kV Contact Discharge
- 2.1 x 1.6 WCSP-12 Package U.S. Patent NO. 6246394; other patents pending.
- Cellular Phones
- PDA, GPS, and Media Players
- Portable Instruments
- Point-of-Sale Terminals
- Multiscreen Touch Control Systems
Texas Instruments TSC2017IYZGT
The TSC2017 is a very low-power touch screen controller designed to work with power-sensitive, handheld applications that are based on an advanced low-voltage processor. It works with a supply voltage as low as 1.6V, which can be supplied by a single-cell battery. It contains a complete, ultra-low power, 12-bit, analog-to-digital (A/D) resistive touch screen converter, including drivers and the control logic to measure touch pressure.
In addition to these standard features, the TSC2017 offers preprocessing of the touch screen measurements to reduce bus loading, thus reducing the consumption of host processor resources that can then be redirected to more critical functions.
The TSC2017 supports I2C serial bus and data transmission protocol in all three defined modes: standard, fast, and high-speed. It offers programmable resolution of 8 or 12 bits to accommodate different screen sizes and performance needs.
The TSC2017 is available in a 12-lead,
(1.555 ±0.055mm) x (2.055 ±0.055mm), 3 x 4 array, wafer chip-scale package (WCSP). The TSC2017 is characterized for the –40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range.