|Package | PIN:||RGZ | 48|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Stereo Audio Playback Up to 48 ksps
- Mono Audio Record up to 48 ksps
- Integrated PLL for Audio Clock Generation
- Programmable Gain Amplifiers
- Hardware Automatic Gain Control
- Programmable Digital Audio Effects Processing
- Stereo Headset Interface
- Cellular Headset Interface
- 8- Speaker Driver
- 32- Receiver Driver
- Interface with Microphone
- Auto-Detection of Headset and Button Press
- Supports Both Cap and Cap-Less Interface for Headset
- Programmable Audio Routing
- 4-Wire Touch Screen Interface
- Integrated Touch Screen Processor With Fully Automated Modes of Operation
- Programmable Converter Resolution, Speed, and Averaging
- Programmable Autonomous Timing Control
- Direct Battery Measurement
- Built-In Buffer for Touch Screen Data
- SPI Serial Interface
- Low Power
- Full Power-Down Control
- 48-Pin QFN Package
- Personal Digital Assistants
- Smart Cellular Phones
- MP3 Players
SPI is a trademark of Motorola.
US Patent No. 6246394
Texas Instruments TSC2101IRGZ
The TSC2101 is a low-power highly integrated high performance codec and touch screen controller, which supports stereo audio DAC, monaural voice ADC and SAR ADC.
The TSC2101 features a high-performance audio codec with 16, 20, 24, or 32-bit stereo playback, mono record functionality at up to 48 ksps. The device integrates several analog features such as support for headset interface, cellular headset interface, microphone interface, and speaker and receiver drivers. The device supports auto detection of headset and button press without any glue logic. The TCS2101 has fully programmable audio. The digital audio data format is programmable to work with popular audio standard protocols (I2S, DSP, left/right justified) in master or slave mode, and also includes an on-chip PLL for flexible clock generation capability.
The TSC2101 contains a 12-bit 4-wire resistive touch screen converter complete with drivers, and interfaces to the host controller through a standard SPI serial interface. The on-chip processor provides extensive features specifically designed to reduce host processor and bus overhead, with capabilities that include fully automated operating modes, programmable conversion resolution up to 12 bits, programmable sampling rates up to 125 kHz, programmable conversion averaging, and programmable on-chip timing generation.
The TSC2101 offers battery measurement inputs capable of reading battery voltages up to 6 V, while operating at only 3 V. It also has an on-chip temperature sensor capable of reading 0.3°C resolution. The TSC2101 is available in a 48-lead QFN.