|Package | PIN:||DA | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 4-Wire Touch Screen Interface
- Integrated Touch Screen Processor With Fully Automated Modes of Operation
- Programmable Converter Resolution, Speed, and Averaging
- Programmable Autonomous Timing Control
- Direct Battery Measurement
- On-Chip Temperature Measurement
- Stereo Audio Playback Up to 48 ksps
- 97-dB Stereo Audio Playback
- Integrated PLL for Audio Clock Generation
- Programmable Digital Audio Effects Processing
- Stereo Headphone Amplifier
- SPI Serial Interface
- Glueless Interface With OMAP and Xscale Processors
- Full Power-Down Control
- Low Power: 11-mW Stereo Audio Playback
- 32-Pin TSSOP Package
- Personal Digital Assistants
- Smart Cellular Phones
- MP3 Players
US Patent No. 624639
SPI is a trademark of Motorola.
OMAP is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Xscale is a trademark of Intel.
Texas Instruments TSC2102IDA
The TSC2102 is a highly integrated combination resistive touch screen controller with on-chip processor and audio DAC. The touch screen portion of the TSC2102 contains a 12-bit 4-wire resistive touch screen converter complete with drivers, and interfaces to the host controller through a standard SPI serial interface. The on-chip processor provides extensive features specifically designed to reduce host processor and bus overhead, with capabilities that include fully automated operating modes, programmable conversion resolution up to 12 bits, programmable sampling rates up to 125 kHz, programmable conversion averaging, and programmable on-chip timing generation.
The TSC2102 also features a high-performance audio DAC with 16, 20, 24, or 32-bit stereo playback functionality at up to 48 ksps. The stereo output drivers on the TSC2102 can be programmed for headphone drive or line-level drive, and support capless as well as ac-coupled output configurations. The digital audio data format is programmable to work with popular audio standard protocols (I2S, DSP, left/right justified) in master or slave mode, and also includes an on-chip PLL for flexible clock generation capability.
The TSC2102 offers two battery measurement inputs capable of reading battery voltages up to 6 V, while operating at only 2.7 V. It also has an on-chip temperature sensor capable of reading 0.3°C resolution. The TSC2102 is available in a 32-lead TSSOP.