|Package | PIN:||RWB | 12|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- USB Type-C™ Specification 1.1
- Backward Compatible with USB Type-C Specification 1.0
- Supports Up to 3 A of Current Advertisement and Detection
- Mode Configuration
- Host Only – DFP/Source (I2C Mode only)
- Device Only – UFP/Sink (I2C Modeonly)
- Dual Role Port –DRP
- Channel Configuration (CC)
- Attach of USB Port Detection
- Cable Orientation Detection
- Type-C Current Mode (Default, Medium,High)+u
- VBUS Detection
- I2C or GPIO Control
- VCONN Support for Active Cables
- Cable Detection and Direction Control
for External Switches
- Role Configuration Control through I2C
- Supply Voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- Low Current Consumption
- Industrial Temperature Range of –40 to 85°C
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TUSB322IRWBR
The TUSB322I device enables USB Type-C ports with the configuration channel (CC) logicrequired for Type-C ecosystems. The TUSB322I device uses the CC pins to determine port attach anddetach, cable orientation, role detection, and port control for Type-C current mode. The TUSB322Idevice can be configured as a downstream facing port (DFP), upstream facing port (UFP), or a dualrole port (DRP), making the TUSB322I device ideal for any application.
The TUSB322I device alternates configuration as a DFP or UFP according to the Type-CSpecifications. The CC logic block monitors the CC1 and CC2 pins for pullup or pulldown resistancesto determine when a USB port has been attached, the orientation of the cable, and the roledetected. The CC logic detects the Type-C current mode as default, medium, or high depending on therole detected. VBUS detection is implemented to determine a successfulattach in UFP and DRP modes. The TUSB322I will supply VCONN when an active cable isdetected.
The device operates over a wide supply range and has low-power consumption. The TUSB322Idevice is available in industrial temperature ranges.