|Package | PIN:||PHP | 48|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Two-Port USB 2.0 Hub
- USB 2.0 Hub Features
- Multi-Transaction Translator (MTT) Hub: Two Transaction Translators
- Four Asynchronous Endpoint Buffers per Transaction Translator
- Type C Compatible
- Supports Battery Charging
- CDP Mode (Upstream Port Connected)
- DCP Mode (Upstream Port Unconnected)
- DCP Mode Complies With Chinese Telecommunications Industry Standard YD/T1591-2009
- D+/D– Divider Mode
- Per Port or Ganged Power Switching and Overcurrent Notification Inputs
- OTP ROM, Serial EEPROM, or I2C/SMBus Slave Interface for Custom Configurations:
- VID and PID
- Port Customizations
- Manufacturer and Product Strings (Notby OTP ROM)
- Serial Number (Not by OTP ROM)
- Application Feature Selection Using Terminal Selection or EEPROM/ or I2C/SMBus Slave Interface
- Provides 128-Bit Universally Unique Identifier (UUID)
- Supports On-Board and In-System OTP/EEPROM Programming Through the USB 2.0 Upstream Port
- Single Clock Input, 24-MHz Crystal or Oscillator
- No Special Driver Requirements; Works Seamlessly on any Operating System With USB Stack Support
- 48-Pin HTQFP Package (PHP)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TUSB4020BIPHPR
The TUSB4020BI is a two-port USB 2.0hub. It provides USB high-speed/full-speed connections on the upstream port and provideshigh-speed, full-speed, or low-speed connections on the two downstream ports. When the upstreamport is connected to an electrical environment that supports high-speed and full-speed/low-speedconnections, high-speed and full-speed/low-speed USB connectivity is enabled on the downstreamports. When the upstream port is connected to an electrical environment that only supportsfull-speed/low-speed connections, high-speed connectivity are disabled on the downstreamports.
The TUSB4020BIsupports per port or ganged power switching and overcurrent protection.
An individually port power controlled hub switches power on or off to each downstreamport as requested by the USB host. Also when an individually port power controlled hub senses anover-current event, only power to the affected downstream port will be switched off.
A ganged hub switches on power to all its downstream ports when power is required to beon for any port. The power to the downstream ports is not switched off unless all ports are in astate that allows power to be removed. Also when a ganged hub senses an overcurrent event, power toall downstream ports will be switched off.
The TUSB4020BI downstream ports provide support for batterycharging applications by providing battery charging connected downstream port (CDP) handshakingsupport. It also supports a dedicated charging port (DCP) mode when the upstream port is notconnected. The DCP mode supports USB devices which support the USB Battery Charging and the ChineseTelecommunications Industry Standard YD/T 1591-2009. In addition, an automatic mode providestransparent support for BC devices and devices supporting Divider Mode charging solutions when theupstream port is unconnected.
The TUSB4020BIprovides terminal strap configuration for some features including battery charging support, andalso provides customization though OTP ROM, I2C EEPROM or through anI2C/SMBus slave interface for PID, VID, and custom port and phyconfigurations. Custom string support is also available when using anI2C EEPROM or the I2C/SMBus slaveinterface.
The device is available in a 48-pin HTQFP package and is offered in anindustrial version for operation over the temperature range of –40°C to 85°C.