|Package | PIN:||PAP | 64|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Four Port USB 2.0 Hub
- USB 2.0 Hub Features
- Multi Transaction Translator (MTT) Hub: Four Transaction Translators
- Four Asynchronous Endpoint Buffers per Transaction Translator
- Supports USB Battery Charging
- CDP Mode (Upstream Port Connected)
- DCP Mode (Upstream Port Unconnected)
- DCP Mode Complies With Chinese Telecommunications Industry Standard YD/T1591-2009
- Supports D+ and D– Divider Mode
- Per Port or Ganged Power Switching and Overcurrent Notification Inputs
- OTP ROM, Serial EEPROM or I2C and SMBus Slave Interface for Custom Configurations:
- VID and PID
- Customizable Ports
- Manufacturer and Product Strings (not by OTP ROM)
- Serial Number (not by OTP ROM)
- Application Feature Selection Using Pin Selection or EEPROM, I2C, or SMBus Slave Interface
- Provides 128-Bit Universally Unique Identifier (UUID)
- Supports On-Board and In-System OTP and EEPROM Programming Through the USB 2.0 Upstream Port
- Single Clock Input, 24-MHz Crystal or Oscillator
- DM/DP Polarity Swap
- Type C Compatible
- No Special Driver Requirements; Works Seamlessly on any Operating System With USB Stack Support
- 64-Pin HTQFP Package (PAP)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TUSB4041IPAPR
The TUSB4041I device is a four-port USB 2.0 hub. Thedevice provides USB high-speed or full-speed connections on the upstream port. The device alsoprovides USB high-speed, full-speed, or low-speed connections on the downstream ports. When theupstream port is connected to an electrical environment that only supports high-speed, full-speed,and low-speed connections, the USB high-speed, full-speed and low-speed connectivity is enabled onthe downstream ports. When the upstream port is connected to an electrical environment that onlysupports full-speed or low-speed connections, the USB high-speed connectivity are disabled on thedownstream ports.
The TUSB4041I device supports per-port or ganged powerswitching and overcurrent protection. The device also supports battery charging applications.
An individually port-power-controlled hub switches power on or off to each downstreamport as requested by the USB host. Also when an individually port-power-controlled hub senses anovercurrent event, only power to the affected downstream port is switched off.
A ganged hub switches on power to all of the downstream ports when power is required tobe on for any port. The power to the downstream ports is not switched off unless all ports are in astate that allows power to be removed. Also, when a ganged hub senses an overcurrent event, powerto all downstream ports are switched off.
The TUSB4041I device downstream ports provide supportfor battery charging applications by providing USB battery charging downstream-port (CDP)handshaking support. The device also supports a dedicated charging-port (DCP) mode when theupstream port is not connected. The DCP mode is compliant with the USB battery chargingspecification and Chinese Telecommunications Industry Standard YD/T 1591-2009. Also, an automaticmode provides transparent support for BC devices and devices supporting divider-mode chargingsolutions when the upstream port unconnected.
The TUSB4041I device provides pin-strap configurationfor some features including battery charging support, and also provides customization though OTPROM, I2C EEPROM, or through an I2C and SMBusslave interface for PID, VID, and custom port and phyconfigurations. Custom string support is also available when using anI2C EEPROM or the I2C and SMBus slaveinterface.
The device is available in a 64-pin PAP package and is offered in a industrial versionfor operation over the temperature range of –40°C to 85°C.