|Package | PIN:||YFP | 9|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Supports USB Type-C™ 1.2 and Power Delivery (PD) Specifications
- USB PD Phy with I2C Interface (TCPCi) Supporting:
- 5 — 24 V Power Sourcing and Sinking
- 2.5 Watt VCONN switch
- Alt ModeNegotiations
- Optimized for Portable Applications with Autonomous Dual Role Port (DRP) Support
- Software Configurable as Dedicated Host, Dedicated Device, or Dual-Role
- DFP, UFP and DRP
- Attach/Detach of USB port
- CableOrientation Detection
- Current Mode Advertisement andDetection
- Debug and Audio AccessorySupport
- Active Cable Detection
- VCONN for Active Cable
- Dead Battery Support
- Integrated over-temperature sensing diode (OTSD)
- VBUS Detect and Discharge Control
- VDD Supply Voltage: 2.7 V — 5.5 V
- Low Current Consumption
- Industrial Temperature Range of –40°C to 85°C
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TUSB422IYFPR
TUSB422 is a USB PD PHY that enables a USB
Type-C port with the Configuration Channel (CC) logic needed for USB Type-C ecosystems. Itintegrates the physical layer of the USB BMC power delivery (PD) protocol to allow up to 100-W ofpower and support for alternate mode interfaces. An external microprocessor, containing USB Type-CPort Manager (TCPM), communicates with the TUSB422 through an I2Cinterface.
Under control of the TCPM, TUSB422 uses the CC pins to determine port attach/detach,cable orientation, role detection, and port control for USB Type-C current mode. The TUSB422 can beconfigured as DFP, UFP, or DRP, depending on the application. The TUSB422 implements VBUS detectionand discharge for the implementation of a compliant USB Type-C port.
The TUSB422 integrates 2.5 Watt switch to provide VCONN power for an active cable. Thedevice also provides VCONN discharge function. The TUSB422 also supports USB Type-C optionalfeatures such as audio and debug accessory.
The device operates over a wide supply-range and has low power consumption. The TUSB422is available in industrial temperature ranges.