|Package | PIN:||RWQ | 18|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Provides USB 3.1 Gen-1 5 Gbps Super Speed (SS) 2:1 Mux for a USB Type-C™ Port
- Supports USB Type-C Cable and Connector Specifications
- Ultra Low-Power Architecture
- Active 100 mA
- U2/U3 1.3 mA
- No Connection 300µA
- Selectable Equalization up to 9 dB, De-Emphasis, and Output Swing up to 6 dB
- Integrated Termination
- RX-detect Function
- Signal Monitoring for Power Management
- No Host/Device Side Requirement – Supports USB-C DFP, UFP or DRP Port
- Single Supply Voltage 1.8 V ±10%
- Industrial Temperature Range of –40 – 85°C
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TUSB542RWQR
The TUSB542 is a dual channel USB 3.1 Gen1
(5 Gbps), also known as USB-C, re-driver supporting systems with USB Type-C™ connectors. Thedevice offers signal conditioning plus the ability to switch the USB SS signals for the USB Type-C™flippable connector. The TUSB542 can be controlled through the SEL pin by an external ConfigurationChannel Logic Controller to properly mux the signals.
The TUSB542 incorporates receiver equalization and transmitter de-emphasis to maintainsignal integrity on both transmit and receive data paths. The receiver equalization offers multiplegain settings to overcome channel degradation from insertion loss and inter-symbol interference. Tocompensate for downstream transmission line losses, the output driver supports de-emphasisconfiguration. Additionally, automatic LFPS de-emphasis control allows for full compliance.
The TUSB542 offers low power consumption on a 1.8-V supply with its ultra-low powerarchitecture. The re-driver supports low power modes, which further reduce the idle powerconsumption.
The USB Type-C™ redriver is available in a small ultra-thin package, which is suitablefor many portable applications.