|Package | PIN:||RGC | 64|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Four Port USB 3.0 Hub
- USB 2.0 Hub Features
- Multi Transaction Translator (MTT) Hub: Four Transaction Translators
- Four Asynchronous Endpoint Buffers Per Transaction Translator
- Supports Battery Charging
- CDP Mode (Upstream Port Connected)
- DCP Mode (Upstream Port Unconnected)
- DCP Mode Complies with Chinese Telecommunications Industry Standard YD/T1591-2009
- D+/D- Divider Mode
- Supports Operation as a USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 Compound Device
- Per Port or Ganged Power Switching and Over-Current Notification Inputs
- OTP ROM, Serial EEPROM or I2C/SMBus Slave Interface for Custom Configurations:
- VID and PID
- Port Customizations
- Manufacturer and Product Strings (not by OTP ROM)
- Serial Number (not by OTP ROM)
- Application Feature Selection Using Pin Selection or EEPROM/ or I2C/SMBus Slave Interface
- Provides 128-Bit Universally Unique Identifier (UUID)
- Supports On-Board and In-System OTP/EEPROM Programming Via the USB 2.0 Upstream Port
- Single Clock Input, 24-MHz Crystal or Oscillator
- No Special Driver Requirements; Works Seamlessly on any Operating System with USB Stack Support
- 64-Pin QFN Package (RGC)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TUSB8041IRGCR
The TUSB8041 is afour-port USB 3.0 hub. It provides simultaneous SuperSpeed USB and high-speed/full-speedconnections on the upstream port and provides SuperSpeed USB, high-speed, full-speed, or low-speedconnections on the downstream ports. When the upstream port is connected to an electricalenvironment that only supports high-speed or full-speed/low-speed connections, SuperSpeed USBconnectivity is disabled on the downstream ports. When the upstream port is connected to anelectrical environment that only supports full-speed/low-speed connections, SuperSpeed USB andhigh-speed connectivity are disabled on the downstream ports.
The TUSB8041supports per port or ganged power switching and over-current protection, and supports batterycharging applications.
An individually port power controlled hub switches power on or off to each downstreamport as requested by the USB host. Also when an individually port power controlled hub senses anover-current event, only power to the affected downstream port will be switched off.
A ganged hub switches on power to all its downstream ports when power is required to beon for any port. The power to the downstream ports is not switched off unless all ports are in astate that allows power to be removed. Also when a ganged hub senses an over-current event, powerto all downstream ports will be switched off.
The TUSB8041downstream ports provide support for battery charging applications by providing Battery ChargingDownstream Port (CDP) handshaking support. It also supports a Dedicated Charging Port (DCP) modewhen the upstream port is not connected. The DCP mode supports USB devices which support with theUSB Battery Charging and Chinese Telecommunications Industry Standard YD/T 1591-2009. In addition,an automatic mode provides transparent support for BC devices and devices supporting Divider Modecharging solutions when the upstream port unconnected.
The TUSB8041provides pin strap configuration for some features including battery charging support, and alsoprovides customization though OTP ROM, I2C EEPROM or via anI2C/SMBus slave interface for PID, VID, and custom port and phyconfigurations. Custom string support is also available when using anI2C EEPROM or the I2C/SMBus slaveinterface.
The device is available in a 64-pin RGC package and is offered in acommercial version (TUSB8041) for operation over the temperature range of 0°C to 70°C, and in anindustrial version (TUSB8041I) for operation over the temperature range of -40°C to 85°C.