|Package | PIN:||RGC | 64|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Four Port USB 3.1 Gen1 Hub
- USB 2.0 Hub Features
- Multi Transaction Translator (MTT) Hub: Four Transaction Translators
- Two Asynchronous Endpoint Buffers Per Transaction Translator
- Supports Battery Charging:
- Supports D+/D- Divider Charging Port (ACP1, ACP2, and ACP3) when the Upstream Port is Unconnected or notConfigured
- Supports Automatic Mode for Transition Between DCP or ACP Modes Whenthe Upstream Port is Unconnected
- SupportsGalaxy Charging
- CDP Mode (Upstream Port Connected)
- DCP Mode (Upstream Port Unconnected)
- DCP Mode Complies with Chinese Telecommunications Industry Standard YD/T1591-2009
- Supports Operation as a USB 3.1 Gen1 or USB 2.0 Compound Device
- Supports USB Billboard
- Per Port or Ganged Power Switching and Over-Current Notification Inputs
- Supports Four External Downstream Ports plus internal USB 2.0-Only Ports for USB HID to I2C Functionality and USB2.0 Billboard
- Internal Downstream Port for I2C Control Through USB HID Supports High-Speed, Full-Speed Operation. Its Speed Matches That of the Upstream Port.
- Supports Vendor Requests to Read and Write I2C and EEPROM Read at 100 k and 400 k (Default)
- I2C Master Supports Clock Stretching
- OTP ROM, Serial EEPROM or I2C/SMBus Slave Interface for Custom Configurations:
- VID and PID
- Port Customizations
- Manufacturer and Product Strings (not by OTP ROM)
- Serial Number (not by OTP ROM)
- Provides 128-Bit Universally Unique Identifier (UUID)
- Supports On-Board and In-System EEPROM Programming Via the USB 2.0 Upstream Port
- Single Clock Input, 24-MHz Crystal or Oscillator
- Downstream Ports Configurable to USB2.0 Only
- 64-Pin QFN Package (RGC)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TUSB8044RGCT
The TUSB8044 is a four-port USB 3.1 Gen1 hub. It provides simultaneousSuperSpeed USB and high-speed/full-speed connections on the upstream port and provides SuperSpeedUSB, high-speed, full-speed, or low-speed connections on the downstream ports. When the upstreamport is connected to an electrical environment that only supports high-speed orfull-speed/low-speed connections, SuperSpeed USB connectivity is disabled on the downstream ports.
When the upstream port is connected to an electrical environment that only supportsfull-speed/low-speed connections, SuperSpeed USB and high-speed connectivity are disabled on thedownstream ports.
The TUSB8044 supports per port or ganged power switching andover-current protection, and supports battery charging applications.
An individually port power controlled hub switches power on or off to each downstreamport as requested by the USB host. Also when an individually port power controlled hub senses anover-current event, only power to the affected downstream port will be switched off.
A ganged hub switches on power to all its downstream ports when power is required to beon for any port. The power to the downstream ports is not switched off unless all ports are in astate that allows power to be removed. Also when a ganged hub senses an over-current event, powerto all downstream ports will be switched off.
The TUSB8044 downstream ports provide support for battery chargingapplications by providing Battery Charging Downstream Port (CDP) handshaking support. It alsosupports a Dedicated Charging Port (DCP) mode when the upstream port is not connected. The DCP modesupports USB devices which support with the USB Battery Charging,Galaxy Charging, and Chinese TelecommunicationsIndustry Standard YD/T 1591-2009. In addition, an automatic mode provides transparent support forBC devices and devices supporting Divider Mode charging solutions when the upstream portunconnected. In addition when upstream port is unconnected, the TUSB8044 supportsthe divider charging port modes (ACPx modes) and an automatic transition through all modes,starting with ACP3and ending in DCP.
Integrated in the TUSB8044 is a USB2.0 Billboard devicewhich complies to the "USB Device Class Definition for Billboard Devices Version 1.1"specification. The billboard device is attached to the highest number downstream port of theTUSB8044 USB 2.0 hub. The purpose of the billboard is to communicate AlternateMode status to the host system. The TUSB8044 supports only one Alternatemode.
The TUSB8044 provides pin strap configuration for some featuresincluding battery charging support, and also provides customization though OTP ROM,I2C EEPROM, or via an I2C/SMBus slaveinterface for PID, VID, and custom port and phy configurations. Custom string support is alsoavailable when using an I2C EEPROM or theI2C/SMBus slave interface.
The TUSB8044 supports programming of anattached EEPROM through its internal USB HID to I2Cinterface.
The device is available in a 64-pin RGC package and is offered in a commercialversion for operation over thetemperature range of 0°C to 70°C.