|Package | PIN:||PBS | 32|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Controlled Baseline
- One Assembly Site
- One Test Site
- One Fabrication Site
- Extended Temperature Performance of 55°C to 125°C
- Enhanced Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS) Support
- Enhanced Product-Change Notification
- Qualification Pedigree(1)
- Accepts NTSC (M, 4.43), PAL (B, D, G, H, I, M, N), and SECAM (B, D, G, K, K1, L) Video Data
- Supports ITU-R BT.601 Standard Sampling
- High-Speed 9-Bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
- Two Composite Inputs or One S-Video Input
- Fully Differential CMOS Analog Preprocessing Channels With Clamping and Automatic Gain Control (AGC) for Best Signal-to-Noise (S/N) Performance
- Ultralow Power Consumption
- 32-Terminal TQFP Package
- Power-Down Mode: <1 mW
- Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue, and Sharpness Control Through I2C
- Complementary 4-Line (3-H Delay) Adaptive Comb Filters for Both Cross-Luminance and Cross-Chrominance Noise Reduction
- Patented Architecture for Locking to Weak, Noisy, or Unstable Signals
- Single 14.31818-MHz Crystal for All Standards
- Internal Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) for Line-Locked Clock and Sampling
- Subcarrier Genlock Output for Synchronizing Color Subcarrier External Encoder
- Standard Programmable Video Output Formats
- ITU-R BT.656, 8-Bit 4:2:2 With Embedded Syncs
- 8-Bit 4:2:2 With Discrete Syncs
- Macrovision Copy Protection Detection
- Advanced Programmable Video Output Formats
- 2× Oversampled Raw Vertical Blanking Interval (VBI) Data During Active Video
- Sliced VBI Data During Horizontal Blanking or Active Video
- VBI Modes Supported
- Teletext (NABTS, WST)
- Closed-Caption Decode With FIFO and Extended Data Services (EDS)
- Wide Screen Signaling, Video Program System, CGMS, Vertical Interval Time Code
- Gemstar 1x/2x Electronic Program Guide Compatible Mode
- Custom Configuration Mode That Allows User to Program Slice Engine for Unique VBI Data Signals
- Power-On Reset
- Military Temperature Range (TVP5150AM1): 55°C to 125°C
- Digital Televisions
- Notebook PCs
- Cell Phones
- Video Recorder/Players
- Internet Appliances/Web Pads
- Handheld Games
- Portable Navigation
(1) Component qualification in accordance with JEDEC and industry standards to ensure reliable operation over an extended temperature range. This includes, but is not limited to, Highly Accelerated Stress Test (HAST) or biased 85/85, temperature cycle, autoclave or unbiased HAST, electromigration, bond intermetallic life, and mold compound life. Such qualification testing should not be viewed as justifying use of this component beyond specified performance and environmental limits.
TI and MicroStar Junior are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
Macrovision is a trademark of Macrovision Corporation.
CompactPCI is a trademark of PICMG - PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group, Inc.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation.
Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TVP5150AM1MPBSREP
The TVP5150AM1 device is an ultralow-power NTSC/PAL/SECAM video decoder. Available in a space-saving 32-terminal TQFP package, the TVP5150AM1 decoder converts NTSC, PAL, and SECAM video signals to 8-bit ITU-R BT.656 format. Discrete syncs are also available. The optimized architecture of the TVP5150AM1 decoder allows for ultralow power consumption. The decoder consumes 115 mW of power in typical operation and consumes less than 1 mW in power-down mode, considerably increasing battery life in portable applications. The decoder uses just one crystal for all supported standards. The TVP5150AM1 decoder can be programmed using an I2C serial interface. The decoder uses a 1.8-V supply for its analog and digital supplies and a 3.3-V supply for its I/O.
The TVP5150AM1 decoder converts baseband analog video into digital YCbCr 4:2:2 component video. Composite and S-video inputs are supported. The TVP5150AM1 decoder includes one 9-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with 2× sampling. Sampling is ITU-R BT.601 (27.0 MHz, generated from the 14.31818-MHz crystal or oscillator input) and is line locked. The output formats can be 8-bit 4:2:2 or 8-bit ITU-R BT.656 with embedded synchronization.
The TVP5150AM1 decoder utilizes Texas Instruments patented technology for locking to weak, noisy, or unstable signals. A Genlock/real-time control (RTC) output is generated for synchronizing downstream video encoders.
Complementary four-line adaptive comb filtering is available for both the luma and chroma data paths to reduce both cross-luma and cross-chroma artifacts; a chroma trap filter is also available.
Video characteristics including hue, contrast, brightness, saturation, and sharpness may be programmed using the industry standard I2C serial interface. The TVP5150AM1 decoder generates synchronization, blanking, lock, and clock signals in addition to digital video outputs. The TVP5150AM1 decoder includes methods for advanced vertical blanking interval (VBI) data retrieval. The VBI data processor slices, parses, and performs error checking on teletext, closed caption, and other data in several formats.
The TVP5150AM1 decoder detects copy-protected input signals according to the Macrovision standard and detects Type 1, 2, 3, and colorstripe pulses. The main blocks of the TVP5150AM1 decoder include:
- Robust sync detector
- ADC with analog processor
- Y/C separation using four-line adaptive comb filter
- Chrominance processor
- Luminance processor
- Video clock/timing processor and power-down control
- Output formatter
- I2C interface
- VBI data processor
- Macrovision detection for composite and S-video