|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Meets or Exceeds ANSI Standard EIA/TIA-422-B
- Operates From a Single 5-V Power Supply
- Drives Loads as Low as 50 up to 15 Mbps
- TTL- and CMOS-Input Compatibility
- Output Short-Circuit Protection
- Interchangeable With National SemiconductorTM DS9638
National Semiconductor is a trademark of National Semiconductor Corporation.
Texas Instruments UA9638CDR
The uA9638C is a dual high-speed differential line driver designed to meet ANSI Standard EIA/TIA-422-B. The inputs are TTL and CMOS compatible and have input clamp diodes. Schottky-diode-clamped transistors are used to minimize propagation delay time. This device operates from a single 5-V power supply and is supplied in an 8-pin package.
The uA9638 provides the current needed to drive low-impedance loads at high speeds. Typically used with twisted-pair cabling and differential receiver(s), base-band data transmission can be accomplished up to and exceeding 15 Mbps in properly designed systems. The uA9637A dual line receiver is commonly used as the receiver. For even faster switching speeds in the same pin configuration, see the SN75ALS191.
The uA9638C is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.