|Package | PIN:||DW | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Pin-for-Pin Compatible With the UC2846
- 65-ns Typical Delay From Shutdown to Outputs and
50-ns Typical Delay From Sync to Outputs
- Improved Current Sense Amplifier With Reduced Noise Sensitivity
- Differential Current Sense With 3-V Common-Mode Range
- Trimmed Oscillator Discharge Current for Accurate Deadband Control
- Accurate 1-V Shutdown Threshold
- High Current Dual Totem Pole Outputs (1.5-A Peak)
- TTL Compatible Oscillator SYNC Pin Thresholds
- ESD Protection
- 4-kV Human-Body Model (HBM)
- 500-V Charged-Device Model (CDM)
Texas Instruments UC2856QDWRQ1
The UC2856 is a high performance version of the popular UC2846 series of current mode controllers, and is intended for both design upgrades and new applications where speed and accuracy are important. All input to output delays have been minimized, and the current sense output is slew rate limited to reduce noise sensitivity. Fast 1.5-A peak output stages have been added to allow rapid switching of power FETs.
A low impedance TTL compatible sync output has been implemented with a 3-state function when used as a sync input.
Internal chip grounding has been improved to minimize internal noise caused when driving large capacitive loads. This, in conjunction with the improved differential current-sense amplifier, results in enhanced noise immunity.
Other features include a trimmed oscillator current (8%) for accurate frequency and dead-time control, a 1-V 5% shutdown threshold, and 4-kV minimum ESD protection (HBM) on all pins.