|Package | PIN:||N | 16|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Dual, 1.5A Totem Pole Outputs
- 40nsec Rise and Fall into 1000pF
- Parallel or Push-Pull Operation
- Single-Ended to Push-Pull Conversion
- High-Speed, Power MOSFET Compatible
- Low Cross-Conduction Current Spike
- Analog, Latched Shutdown
- Internal Deadband Inhibit Circuit
- Low Quiescent Current
- 5 to 40V Operation
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- 16-Pin Dual-In-Line Package
- 20-Pin Surface Mount Package
Texas Instruments UC3706N
The UC1706 family of output drivers are made with a high-speed Schottky process to interface between low-level control functions and high-power switching devices - particularly power MOSFET's. These devices implement three generalized functions as outlined below.
First: They accept a single-ended, low-current digital input of either polarity and process it to activate a pair of high-current, totem pole outputs which can source or sink up to 1.5A each.
Second: They provide an optional single-ended to push-pull conversion through the use of an internal flip-flop driven by double-pulse-suppression logic. With the flip-flop disabled, the outputs work in parallel for 3.0A capability.
Third: Protection functions are also included for pulse-by-pulse current limiting, automatic deadband control, and thermal shutdown.
These devices are available in a two-watt plastic bat-wing DIP for operation over a 0°C to 70°C temperature range and, with reduced power, in a hermetically sealed cerdip for -55°C to +125°C operation. Also available in surface mount Q and L packages.