|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Complete Control for a High Current, Low Dropout, Linear Regulator
- Fixed 5V or Adjustable Output Voltage
- Accurate 2.5A Current Limiting with Foldback
- Internal Current Sense Resistor
- Remote Sense for Improved Load Regulation
- External Shutdown
- Under-Voltage Lockout and Reverse Voltage Protection
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- 8 Pin Mini-Dip Package (Surface Mount also Available)
Texas Instruments UC3836D
The UC1835/6 families of linear controllers are optimized for the design of low cost, low dropout, linear regulators. Using an external pass element, dropout voltages of less than 0.5V are readily obtained. These devices contain a high gain error amplifier, a 250mA output driver, and a precision reference. In addition, current sense with fold-back provides for a 2.5A peak output current dropping to less than 0.5A at short circuit.
These devices are available in fixed, 5V, (UC1835), or adjustable, (UC1836), versions. In the fixed 5 volt version, the only external parts required are an external pass element, an output capacitor, and a compensation capacitor. On the adjustable version the output voltage can be set anywhere from 2.5V to 35V with two external resistors.
Additional features of these devices include under-voltage lockout for predictable start-up, thermal shutdown and short circuit current limiting to protect the driver device. On the fixed voltage version, a reverse voltage comparator minimizes reverse load current in the event of a negative input to output differential.