|Package | PIN:||SOIC (DW) | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Single Input, Dual Output
- Operating Temperature Range –40 to +125°C
- Switching Parameters:
- 19-ns Typical Propagation Delay
- 10-ns Minimum Pulse Width
- 5-ns Maximum Delay Matching
- 5-ns Maximum Pulse-Width Distortion
- Common-Mode Transient Immunity (CMTI) Greater than 100-V/ns
- Surge Immunity up to 12.8-kV
- Isolation Barrier Life >40 Years
- 4-A Peak Source, 6-A Peak Sink Output
- TTL and CMOS Compatible Inputs
- 3-V to 18-V Input VCCI Range to Interface with Both Digital and Analog Controllers
- Up to 25-V VDD Output Drive Supply
- Programmable Dead Time
- Rejects Input Pulses and Noise Transients Shorter than 5-ns
- Fast Disable for Power Sequencing
- Industry Standard Wide Body SOIC-16 (DW) Package
- Safety-Related and Regulatory Approvals:
- 8000-VPK Isolation per DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V0884-10):2006-12
- 5700-VRMS Isolation for 1 Minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A, IEC 60950-1 and IEC 60601-1 End Equipment Standards (Planned)
- CQC Certification per GB4943.1-2011
Texas Instruments UCC20520DW
The UCC20520 is an isolated single input, dual-channel gate driver with 4-A source and 6-A sink peak current. It is designed to drive power MOSFETs, IGBTs, and SiC MOSFETs up to 5-MHz with best-in-class propagation delay and pulse-width distortion.
The input side is isolated from the two output drivers by a 5.7-kVRMS reinforced isolation barrier, with a minimum of 100-V/ns common-mode transient immunity (CMTI). Internal functional isolation between the two secondary-side drivers allows a working voltage of up to 1500-VDC.
This driver can be used for half-bridge driver with programmable dead time (DT). A disable pin shuts down both outputs simultaneously when it is set high, and allows normal operation when left open or grounded. As a fail-safe measure, primary-side logic failures force both outputs low.
The device accepts VDD supply voltages up to 25-V. A wide input VCCI range from 3-V to 18-V makes the driver suitable for interfacing with both analog and digital controllers. All the supply voltage pins have under voltage lock-out (UVLO) protection.
With all these advanced features, the UCC20520 enables high efficiency, high power density, and robustness in a wide variety of power applications.