|Package | PIN:||DW | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Universal: Dual Low-Side, Dual High-Side or Half-Bridge Driver
- Operating Temperature Range –40 to +125°C
- Switching Parameters:
- 19-ns Typical Propagation Delay
- 10-ns Minimum PulseWidth
- 5-ns Maximum Delay Matching
- 5-ns MaximumPulse-Width Distortion
- Common-Mode Transient Immunity (CMTI) Greater than 100 V/ns
- Surge Immunity up to 12.8 kV
- Isolation Barrier Life >40 Years
- 4-A Peak Source, 6-A Peak Sink Output
- TTL and CMOS Compatible Inputs
- 3-V to 18-V Input VCCI Range to Interface with Both Digital and Analog Controllers
- Up to 25-V VDD Output Drive Supply
- 5-V and 8-V VDD UVLO Options
- Programmable Overlap and Dead Time
- Rejects Input Pulses and Noise Transients Shorter than 5 ns
- Fast Disable for Power Sequencing
- Industry Standard Wide Body SOIC-16 (DW) Package
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- 8000-VPK Reinforced Isolation per DIN V VDE V0884-11:2017-01
- 5.7-kVRMS Isolation for 1Minute per UL 1577
- CSA Certification per IEC 60950-1, IEC 62368-1, IEC 61010-1and IEC 60601-1 End Equipment Standards
- CQC Certification per GB4943.1-2011
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments UCC21520DW
The UCC21520 and the UCC21520A areisolated dual-channel gate driver with 4-A source and 6-A sink peak current. It is designed todrive power MOSFETs, IGBTs, and SiC MOSFETs up to 5-MHz with best-in-class propagation delay andpulse-width distortion.
The input side is isolated from the two output drivers by a5.7-kVRMS reinforced isolation barrier, with a minimum of 100-V/nscommon-mode transient immunity (CMTI). Internal functional isolation between the two secondary-sidedrivers allows a working voltage of up to 1500 VDC.
Every driver can beconfigured as two low-side drivers, two high-side drivers, or a half-bridge driver withprogrammable dead time (DT). A disable pin shuts down both outputs simultaneously when it is sethigh, and allows normal operation when left open or grounded. As a fail-safe measure, primary-sidelogic failures force both outputs low.
Each device accepts VDDsupply voltages up to 25 V. A wide input VCCI range from 3 V to 18 V makes the driver suitable forinterfacing with both analog and digital controllers. All the supply voltage pins have undervoltage lock-out (UVLO) protection.
With all these advanced features, the UCC21520 and theUCC21520A enable highefficiency, high power density, and robustness in a wide variety of power applications.