|Package | PIN:||DDA | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 140)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade –40°C to +140°C Ambient Operating Temperature Range
- Device HBM Classification Level 2
- Device CDM Classification Level C6
- Drives Two N-Channel MOSFETs in High-Side and Low-Side Configuration With Independent Inputs
- Maximum Boot Voltage 120-V DC
- 4-A Sink, 4-A Source Output Currents
- 0.9-Ω Pullup and Pulldown Resistance
- Input Pins Can Tolerate –10 V to +20 V and are Independent of Supply Voltage Range
- TTL Compatible Inputs
- 8-V to 17-V VDD Operating Range, (20-V ABS MAX)
- 7.2-ns Rise and 5.5-ns Fall Time With 1000-pF Load
- Fast Propagation Delay Times (20-ns typical)
- 4-ns Delay Matching
- Symmetrical Undervoltage Lockout for High-Side and Low-Side Driver
- Available in the Industry Standard SO-PowerPAD SOIC-8 Package
- Specified from –40 to +140°C
Texas Instruments UCC27211AQDDARQ1
The UCC27211A-Q1 device driver is based on the popular UCC27201 MOSFET drivers; but, this device offers several significant performance improvements.
The peak output pullup and pulldown current has been increased to 4-A source and 4-A sink, and pullup and pulldown resistance have been reduced to 0.9 Ω, and thereby allows for driving large power MOSFETs with minimized switching losses during the transition through the Miller Plateau of the MOSFET. The input structure can directly handle –10 VDC, which increases robustness and also allows direct interface to gate-drive transformers without using rectification diodes. The inputs are also independent of supply voltage and have a 20-V maximum rating.For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The switching node of the UCC27211A-Q1 (HS pin) can handle –18-V maximum, which allows the high-side channel to be protected from inherent negative voltages caused by parasitic inductance and stray capacitance. The UCC27211A-Q1 has increased hysteresis that allows for interface to analog or digital PWM controllers with enhanced noise immunity.
The low-side and high-side gate drivers are independently controlled and matched to 2 ns between the turn on and turn off of each other.
An on-chip 120-V rated bootstrap diode eliminates the external discrete diodes. Undervoltage lockout is provided for both the high-side and the low-side drivers which provides symmetric turn on and turn off behavior and forces the outputs low if the drive voltage is below the specified threshold.
The UCC27211A-Q1 device is offered in an 8-Pin SO-PowerPAD package.