|Package | PIN:||DBV | 6|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified with the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C4B
- Low Cost Gate Driver (Offering Optimal Solution
for Driving Fet And Igbts)
- Superior Replacement to Discrete Transistor Pair
Drive (Providing Easy Interface With Controller)
- TTL and CMOS Compatible Input Logic
Threshold, (Independent of Supply Voltage)
- Split Output Options Allow for Tuning of Turn-On
and Turn-Off Currents
- Enable with Fixed TTL Compatible Threshold
- High 2.5-A Source and 5-A Sink Peak Drive
Currents at 18-V VDD
- Wide VDD Range From 10 V up to 35 V
- Input and Enable Pins Capable of Withstanding up
to –5-V DC Below Ground
- Output Held Low When Inputs are Floating or
During VDD UVLO
- Fast Propagation Delays (17-ns Typical)
- Fast Rise and Fall Times
(15-ns and 7-ns Typical With 1800-pF Load)
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Used as a High-Side or Low-Side Driver (if
Designed With Proper Bias and Signal Isolation)
- Low-Cost, Space-Saving 6-Pin DBV (SOT-23)
- Operating Temperature Range of –40°C to 140°C
Texas Instruments UCC27531QDBVRQ1
The UCC27531-Q1 is a single-channel, high-speed, gate driver capable of effectively driving MOSFET and IGBT power switches by using up to 2.5-A source and 5-A sink (asymmetrical drive) peak current. Strong sink capability in asymmetrical drive boosts immunity against parasitic Miller turn-on effect. The UCC27531-Q1 device can also feature a split-output configuration where the gate-drive current is sourced through the OUTH pin and sunk through the OUTL pin. This pin arrangement allows the user to apply independent turn-on and turn-off resistors to the OUTH and OUTL pins respectively and easily control the switching slew rates.
The driver has rail-to-rail drive capability and an extremely small propagation delay of typically 17 ns.
The input threshold of UCC27531-Q1 is based on TTL and CMOS compatible low-voltage logic, which is fixed and independent of VDD supply voltage. The 1-V typical hysteresis offers excellent noise immunity.
The driver has the EN pin with fixed TTL compatible threshold. The EN pin is internally pulled up; pulling the EN pin low disables driver, while leaving it open provides normal operation. The EN pin can be used as an additional input with the same performance as the IN pin.
Leaving the input pin of driver open holds the output low. The logic behavior of the driver is shown in the application diagram, timing diagram and input and output logic truth table.
Internal circuitry on the VDD pin provides an UVLO function that holds output low until VDD supply voltage is within operating range.
The UCC27531-Q1 driver is offered in a 6-pin standard SOT-23 (DBV) package. The device operates over wide temperature range of –40°C to 140°C.