|Package | PIN:||DBV | 6|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 140)|
- Low Cost Gate Driver (offering optimal solution for driving
FET and IGBTs)
- Superior Replacement to Discrete Transistor Pair Drive (providing
easy interface with controller)
- CMOS Compatible Input Logic Threshold (becomes fixed at VDD above 18 V)
- Split Outputs Allow Separate Turn-On and Turn-Off Tuning
- Enable with Fixed TTL Compatible Threshold
- High 2.5-A Source and 5-A Sink Peak Drive Currents at 18-V VDD
- Wide VDD Range From 10 V up to 35 V
- Input Pins Capable of Withstanding up to -5-V DC Below Ground
- Output Held Low When Inputs are Floating or During VDD UVLO
- Fast Propagation Delays (17-ns typical)
- Fast Rise and Fall Times
(15-ns and 7-ns typical with 1800-pF Load)
- Under Voltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Used as a High-Side or Low-Side Driver (if designed with
proper bias and signal isolation)
- Low Cost, Space Saving 6-Pin DBV (SOT-23) Package
- Operating Temperature Range of 40°C to 140°C
Texas Instruments UCC27532DBVR
The UCC27532 is a single-channel, high-speed, gate driver capable of effectively driving MOSFET and IGBT power switches by up to 2.5-A source and 5-A sink (asymmetrical drive) peak current. Strong sink capability in asymmetrical drive boosts immunity against parasitic Miller turn-on effect. The UCC27532 device also features a split-output configuration where the gate-drive current is sourced through OUTH pin and sunk through OUTL pin. This pin arrangement allows the user to apply independent turn-on and turn-off resistors to the OUTH and OUTL pins respectively and easily control the switching slew rates.
The driver has rail-to-rail drive capability and extremely small propagation delay typically 17 ns.
The UCC27532DBV has CMOS input threshold centered 55% rise and 45% fall in regards of VDD at VDD below or equal 18 V. When VDD is above 18 V, the input threshold remains fixed at its maximum level.
The driver has EN pin with fixed TTL compatible threshold. EN is internally pulled up; pulling EN low disables driver, while leaving it open provides normal operation. The EN pin can be used as an additional input with the same performance as the IN pin.
Leaving the input pin of driver open holds the output low. The logic behavior of the driver is shown in the application diagram, timing diagram and input and output logic truth table.
Internal circuitry on VDD pin provides an under voltage lockout function that holds output low until VDD supply voltage is within operating range.
The UCC27532 driver is offered in a 6-pin standard SOT-23 (DBV) package. The device operates over wide temperature range of 40°C to 140°C.