|Package | PIN:||D | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- NATURAL INTERLEAVING FEATURES
- Easy Phase Management Facilitates Compliance to Light-Load Efficient Standards
- FailSafe OVP with Dual Paths Prevents Output Over-Voltage Conditions Caused by Voltage-Sensing Failures
- Sensorless Current Shaping Simplifies Board Layout and Improves Efficiency
- Inrush Safe Current Limiting:
- Prevents MOSFET conduction during inrush
- Eliminates reverse recovery events in output rectifiers
- SYSTEM FEATURES
- Improved Audible Noise Performance
- Soft Start on Overvoltage
- Integrated Brownout
- Improved Efficiency and Design Flexibility over Traditional, Single-Phase Continuous Conduction Mode (CCM)
- Input Filter and Output Capacitor Current Cancellation:
- Reduced current ripple for higher system reliability and smaller bulk capacitor
- Reduced EMI filter size
- Enables Use of Low-Cost Diodes without Extensive Snubber Circuitry
- Improved Light-Load Efficiency
- Improved Transient Response
- Complete System-Level Protection
- 1-A Source/1.8-A Sink Gate Drivers
- 100-W to 800-W Power Supplies
- D to A Set Top Boxes
- LCD, Plasma and DLP TVs
- Home Audio Systems
DLP is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Natural Interleaving is a trademark of Texas Instuments.
Texas Instruments UCC28061DR
Optimized for consumer applications concerned with audible noise elimination, this solution extends the advantages of transition modehigh efficiency with low-cost componentsto higher power ratings than previously possible. By utilizing a Natural Interleaving technique, both channels operate as masters (that is, there is no slave channel) synchronized to the same frequency. This approach delivers inherently strong matching, faster responses, and ensures that each channel operates in transition mode.
Complete system-level protections feature input brownout, output over-voltage, open-loop, overload, soft-start, phase-fail detection, and thermal shutdown. The additional FailSafe over-voltage protection (OVP) feature protects against shorts to an intermediate voltage that, if undetected, could lead to catastrophic device failure.