|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- Push-Pull Oscillator With Programmable Deadtime
- High-Current Totem-Pole Dual Output Stage Drives Push-Pull Configuration with 1-A Sink and 0.5-A Source Capability
- Can be Used in Push-Pull, Half-Bridge, or Full-Bridge Topologies
- Oscillator Synchronization Output
- Low Start-Up Current of 130 µA and 1.4-mA Typical Run Current
- Over-Current Shutdown
- Digitally Controlled Over-Current/Retry Feature
- Undervoltage Lockout With Hysteresis
- High Efficiency Cascaded Converters
- Electronic Ballasts
- Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS)
- AC or DC Links
Texas Instruments UCC28089D
The UCC28089 is a versatile BiCMOS controller for dc-to-dc or off-line fixed-frequency switching power supplies. The UCC28089 has dual alternating output stages in dual-alternating push-pull configuration. Both outputs switch at half the oscillator frequency using a toggle flip-flop and duty cycle is limited to less than 50%.
The UCC28089 is optimized for use as the primary-side companion controller for a cascaded converter that has secondary-side control. The device incorporates dead-time programming. The synchronization output also provides dead-time information. The retry and soft-start duration scales with the oscillator clock frequency for high performance fault recovery.
The UCC28089 also provides primary side under-voltage protection (UVLO), and over-current protection. Both the soft start and retry after fault durations scale with oscillator frequency for high performance. The turn-on/off UVLO thresholds are 10.5 V/8.0 V.