|Package | PIN:||D | 16|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Controls Boost Preregulator to Near-Unity Power Factor
- Limits Line Distortion
- World-Wide Line Operation
- Overvoltage Protection
- Accurate Power Limiting
- Average Current Mode Control
- Improved Noise Immunity
- Improved Feed-Forward Line Regulation
- Leading Edge Modulation
- 150-µA Typical Start-Up Current
- Low-Power BiCMOS Operation
- 12-V to 17-V Operation
- SUPPORTS DEFENSE, AEROSPACE, AND MEDICAL APPLICATIONS
- Controlled Baseline
- One Assembly/Test Site
- One Fabrication Site
- Available in Military (55°C/125°C) Temperature Range(1)
- Extended Product Life Cycle
- Extended Product-Change Notification
- Product Traceability
(1) Additional temperature ranges are available - contact factory
Unitrode Is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments UCC2818MDREP
The UCC2817 and UCC2818 provides all the functions necessary for active power-factor-corrected preregulators. The controller achieves near-unity power factor by shaping the ac-input line current waveform to correspond to that of the ac input line voltage. Average current mode control maintains stable, low-distortion sinusoidal line current.
Designed with TIs BiCMOS process, the UCC2817 and UCC2818 offers new features, such as lower start-up current, lower power dissipation, overvoltage protection, a shunt UVLO detect circuitry, a leading-edge modulation technique to reduce ripple current in the bulk capacitor, and an improved, low-offset (±2-mV) current amplifier to reduce distortion at light load conditions.
The UCC2817 offers an on-chip shunt regulator with low start-up current suitable for applications utilizing a bootstrap supply. The UCC2818 is intended for applications with a fixed supply (VCC).
The devices are available in a 16-pin D package.