|Package | PIN:||D | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Controls Boost Preregulator to Near-Unity Power Factor
- World Wide Line Operation
- Over-Voltage Protection
- Accurate Power Limiting
- Average Current Mode Control
- Improved Noise Immunity
- Improved Feed-Forward Line Regulation
- Leading Edge Modulation
- 150-µA Typical Start-Up Current
- Low-Power BiCMOS Operation
- 10.8-V to 17-V Operation
- Programmable Output Voltage (Tracking Boost Topology)
Texas Instruments UCC2819D
The UCC2819/UCC3819 provides all the functions necessary for active power factor corrected preregulators. The controller achieves near unity power factor by shaping the ac-input line current waveform to correspond to that of the ac-input line voltage. Average current mode control maintains stable, low distortion sinusoidal line current.
Designed in Texas Instruments BiCMOS process, the UCC3819 offers new features such as lower start-up current, lower power dissipation, overvoltage protection, a shunt UVLO detect circuitry and a leading-edge modulation technique to reduce ripple current in the bulk capacitor.
The UCC3819 allows the output voltage to be programmed by bringing out the error amplifier noninverting input.
Available in the 16-pin D, DW, N, and PW packages.