|Package | PIN:||D | 7|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- < 10-mW No-Load Power
- Primary-Side Regulation (PSR) Eliminates Opto-Coupler
- ±5% Voltage and Current Regulation Across Line and Load
- 700-V Start-Up Switch
- 100-kHz Maximum Switching Frequency Enables High-Power Density Charger Designs
- Resonant Valley-Switching Operation for Highest Overall Efficiency
- Frequency Jitter to Ease EMI Compliance
- Wide VDD Range Allows Small Bias Capacitor
- Clamped Gate-Drive Output for MOSFET
- Overvoltage, Low-Line, and Overcurrent Protection Functions
- Programmable Cable Compensation (UCC28710)
- NTC Resistor Interface (UCC28711, UCC28712 and UCC28713) with Fixed Cable Compensation Options
- SOIC-7 Package
- Create a Custom Design Using the UCC28710 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments UCC28713DR
The UCC2871x family of flyback power supply controllers provides isolated-outputConstant-Voltage (CV) and Constant-Current (CC) output regulation without the use of an opticalcoupler. The devices process information from the primary power switch and an auxiliary flybackwinding for precise control of output voltage and current.
An internal 700-V start-up switch, dynamically-controlled operating states and a tailoredmodulation profile support ultra-low standby power without sacrificing start-up time or outputtransient response.
Control algorithms in the UCC28710 family allow operating efficiencies to meet or exceedapplicable standards. The output drive interfaces to a MOSFET power switch. Discontinuousconduction mode (DCM) with valley switching reduces switching losses. Modulation of switchingfrequency and primary current peak amplitude (FM and AM) keeps the conversion efficiency highacross the entire load and line ranges.
The controllers have a maximum switching frequency of 100 kHz and always maintain controlof the peak-primary current in the transformer. Protection features help keep primary and secondarycomponent stresses in check. The UCC28710 allow the cable compensation to be programmed. TheUCC28711, UCC28712 and UCC28713 devices allow remote temperature sensing using a negativetemperature coefficient (NTC) resistor while providing fixed cable-compensation levels.