|Package | PIN:||PW | 14|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Buck Power Factor Correction for High Efficiency Across Line
- Low Off-Line Startup Current, With SmartStart Algorithm for Fast Startup With Soft-Start
- Compatible With Resistive or Pass Transistor Fed Startup from the AC Line
- Low Power SmartBurst Mode for Standby and Light-Load Conditions
- Current Sense Inputs for PFC control and Overload Protection
- Line Sense UVLO
- Sense and Drive Control for External Startup Depletion Mode FET
- Latching Fault Input Pin
Texas Instruments UCC29910APW
The UCC29910A Buck Power Factor Correction (PFC) controller provides a relatively flat high-efficiency performance across universal line for designers requiring a high power factor (>0.9) and wishing to meet the requirements of IEC 61000-3-2. Based on a buck topology, inherent inrush current limiting eliminates the need for additional components. With a typical bus voltage of 84 V, the topology is ideally suited for use with low voltage stress downstream regulation/isolation power trains, such as half-bridge stages controlled by the UCC29900, (Texas Instruments Literature Number, SLUS923). This combination offers low common-mode noise generation allowing reduced filtering and exceptionally high conversion efficiency.
The UCC29910A incorporates AC line UVLO and controlled soft start for fast start-up. Enhanced light-load efficiency is achieved through advanced management algorithms for best-in-class no-load and light-load performance.