|Package | PIN:||PDIP (P) | 8|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Transition Mode PFC Controller for Low Implementation Cost
- Industry Pin Compatibility With Improved Feature Set
- Improved Transient Response With Slew-Rate Comparator
- Zero Power Detect to Prevent Overvoltage Protection (OVP) During Light Load Conditions
- Accurate Internal VREF for Tight Output Regulation
- Two UVLO Options
- OVP, Open-Feedback Protection, and Enable Circuits
- ±750-mA Peak Gate Drive Current
- Low Start-Up and Operating Currents
- Lead (Pb)-Free Packages
Texas Instruments UCC38050P
The UCC38050 and UCC38051 are PFC controllers for low-to-medium power applications requiring compliance with IEC 1000-3-2 harmonic reduction standard. The controllers are designed for a boost preregulator operating in transition mode (also referred to as boundary-conduction mode or critical conduction-mode operation). They feature a transconductance voltage amplifier for feedback error processing, a simple multiplier for generating a current command proportional to the input voltage, a current-sense (PWM) comparator, PWM logic, and a totem-pole driver for driving an external FET.
In the transition mode operation, the PWM circuit is self-oscillating, with the turnon being governed by an inductor zero-current detector (ZCD pin), and the turnoff being governed by the current-sense comparator. Additionally, the controller provides features such as peak current limit, default timer, overvoltage protection (OVP) and enable.