|Package | PIN:||RGZ | 48|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Digital Control of Two Voltage Feedback Loops
- Up to Six High-Resolution Digital Pulsewidth Modulated (DPWM) Outputs for Supporting a Wide Range of Offline, Isolated and Non-Isolated DC/DC Topologies
- 250-ps DPWM Pulse-Width Resolution
- 4-ns DPWM Frequency Resolution
- Adjustable Phase Shift Between DPWM Outputs
- Adjustable Dead Band Between Each DPWM Pair
- Active-High or -Low DPWM Polarity
- Up to 2-MHz DPWM Switching Frequency
- Dedicated High-Speed Error Analog-to-Digital Converter (EADC) for Each Feedback Loop With Sense Resolution of up to 1 mV
- On-Chip 10-Bit D and A Converter (DAC) for Setting EADC Reference Voltage
- Dedicated Hardware Accelerated Digital Compensators or Control Law Accelerators(CLA)
- Three-Pole and Three-Zero Configurable Compensator
- Features Non-Linear Digital Control
- Multiple Programmable Coefficient Registers for Adaptive Digital Compensation
- Up to 9-Channel, 12-Bit, 200-ksps, Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
- Multiple Levels of Fault Protection
- Four High-Speed Analog Comparators
- External Fault Inputs
- 12-Bit ADC
- Configurable for Voltage-Mode, Average-Current-Mode, and Resonant-Mode Control
- Allows Synchronization of DPWM Waveforms Between Multiple UCD3020A Devices
- Adjustable DPWM Pulse Width Enables Support for Current Balancing in a Multiphase Application.
- High-Performance 31.25-MHz, 32-Bit ARM7 Processor
- 32-KByte Program Flash and 2-KByte Data Flash Memory With Error Correction Code(ECC)
- 4-KByte Data RAM
- 4-KByte Boot ROM
- Communication Peripherals
- Single-Supply Solution: Internal Regulator Controls External Pass Element
- Internal Temperature Sensor
- Up to Five Additional Timers
- Built-In Watchdog, BOD, and POR
- 48-Pin QFN Package
- Operating Temperature Range: –40°C to 125°C
Texas Instruments UCD3020ARGZR
The UCD3020A device is a digital PWM controllers from Texas Instruments providing a single-chip control solution for digital power-conversion applications. This device allows digital control implementation of a high-performance, high-frequency power supply with flexible configuration of parameters, supervisory, monitoring, and communication functions.
The UCD3020A is a fully programmable solution that is configurable to support a wide range of isolated and non-isolated topologies in single- or multiphase configurations. Some examples include interleaved PFC, isolated forward, half-bridge, phase-shifted full bridge, active clamp, and resonant LLC.
At the core of the UCD3020A controller is the digital control-loop peripherals, also known as Fusion Digital Power peripherals (FDPP). Each FDPP implements a high-speed digital control loop consisting of a dedicated error analog-to-digital converter (EADC), a three-pole and three-zero (3p,3z) digital compensator, and two DPWM outputs with 250-ps pulse-width resolution. The device also contains a 12-bit, 200-ksps general-purpose ADC with up to 9 channels, timers, interrupt controls, and communications ports such as PMBus, SCI, and SPI. The device is based on a 32-bit ARM7 RISC CPU that performs real-time monitoring, configures peripherals, and manages communications. The CPU executes its program out of programmable flash memory as well as ROM.
The UCD3020A is supported by Texas Instruments' Code Composer Studio software development environment.