|Package | PIN:||RVF | 40|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Integrates Synchronous Buck Driver and NexFET™ Power MOSFETS for High Power Density and High Efficiency
- 25-A Output Current Capability for DSP and ASIC
- 4.7-V to 14-V Input Voltage Range
- Operational up to 2 MHz Switching Frequency
- Built-In High-Side Current Protection
- DCR Current Sensing for Overcurrent Protection and Output Current Monitoring
- Voltage Proportional to Load Current Monitor Output
- Tri-state PWM Input for Power Stage Shutdown
- UVLO Housekeeping Circuit
- Integrated Thermal Shutdown
- 40-Pin, 5 mm x 7 mm, PQFN PowerStack™ Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments UCD74120RVFT
UCD74120 is a multi-chip module integrating a driver device and two NexFET power MOSFETsinto a thermally enhanced compact, 5 mm × 7 mm, QFN package. A 25-A output current capability makesthe device suitable for powering DSP and ASIC. The device is designed to complement digital oranalog PWM controllers. The PWM input of the driver device is 3-state compatible. Two drivercircuits provide high charge and discharge current for the high-side N-channel FET switch and thelow-side N-channel FET synchronous rectifier in a synchronous buck converter.
Output current is measured and monitored by a precision current sensing amplifier thatprocesses the voltage present across an external current sense element. The amplified signal isavailable for use by the PWM controller on the IMON pin. On-board comparators monitor the voltageacross the high-side switch and the voltage across the external current sense element to safeguardthe power stage from sudden high-current loads. Blanking delay is set for the high-side comparatorby a single resistor in order to avoid false reports coincident with switching edge noise. In theeven of a high-side fault or an overcurrent fault, the high-side FET is turned off and the faultflag (FLT) is asserted to alert the PWM controller.