|Package | PIN:||RGC | 64|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Fully Configurable Four-Output Non-Isolated DC/DC PWM Controller with support for TMS320C6670™ and TMS320C6678™ DSP VID interface
- Supports Switching Frequencies Up to 2MHz With 250 ps Duty-Cycle Resolution
- Up To 1mV Closed Loop Resolution
- Hardware-Accelerated, 3-Pole/3-Zero Compensator with Non-Linear Gain for Improved Transient Performance
- Supports Multiple Soft-Start and Soft-Stop Configurations Including Prebias Start-up
- Supports Voltage Margining and Sequencing
- Sync In Terminal Aligns DPWM Clocks Between Multiple UCD92xx Devices
- 12-Bit Digital Monitoring of Power Supply Parameters Including:
- Input Current and Voltage
- Output Current andVoltage
- Temperature at Each Power Stage
- Auxiliary ADCInputs
- Multiple Levels of Over-current Fault Protection:
- External Current Fault Inputs
- AnalogComparators Monitor Current Sense Voltage
- Current Continually DigitallyMonitored
- Over and Under-voltage Fault Protection
- Over-temperature Fault Protection
- Enhanced Nonvolatile Memory With Error Correction Code (ECC)
- Device Operates From a Single Supply With an Internal Regulator Controller That Allows Operation Over a Wide Supply Voltage Range
- Supported by Fusion Digital Power™ Designer, a Full Featured PC Based Design Tool to Simulate, Configure, and Monitor Power Supply Performance.
- Supports Defense, Aerospace, and Medical Applications
- Controlled Baseline
- One Assembly and Test Site
- One Fabrication Site
- Available in Military (–55°C to 125°C) Temperature Range
- Extended Product Life Cycle
- Extended Product-Change Notification
- Product Traceability
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments UCD9244MRGCTEP
The UCD9244 is a four-rail synchronous buck digital PWM controller designed fornon-isolated DC/DC power applications. This device integrates dedicated circuitry for DC/DC loopmanagement with support for up to four VID interfaces. Additionally, the UCD9244 has flash memoryand a serial interface to support configurability, monitoring and management.
Several Voltage Identification (VID) modes are supported, including a 4-bit parallelinterface, a 6-bit interface and an 8-bit serial interface.
The UCD9244 was designed to provide a wide variety of desirable features for non-isolatedDC/DC converter applications while minimizing the total system component count by reducing externalcircuits. The solution integrates multi-loop management with sequencing, margining and tracking tooptimize for total system efficiency. Additionally, loop compensation and calibration are supportedwithout the need to add external components.
To facilitate configuring the device, the Texas Instruments Fusion Digital Power™Designer is provided. This PC based Graphical User Interface offers an intuitive interface to thedevice. This tool allows the design engineer to configure the system operating parameters for theapplication, store the configuration to on-chip non-volatile memory and observe both frequencydomain and time domain simulations for each of the power stage outputs.
TI has also developed multiple complementary power stage solutions – from discretedrivers in the UCD7k family to fully tested power train modules in the PTD family. These solutionshave been developed to complement the UCD92xx family of system power controllers.