|Package | PIN:||RGC | 64|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Fully Configurable Multi-Output and Multi- Phase Non-Isolated DC/DC PWM Controller
- Controls Up to 4 Voltage Rails and Up to 6 Phases
- Supports Switching Frequencies Up to 2MHz with 250 ps Duty-Cycle Resolution
- Up To 1mV Closed Loop Resolution
- Hardware-Accelerated, 3-Pole/3-Zero Compensator with Non-Linear Gain for Improved Transient Performance
- Supports Multiple Soft-Start and Soft-Stop Configurations Including Prebias Start-up
- Supports Voltage Tracking, Margining and Sequencing
- Supports Current and Temperature Balancing for Multi-Phase Power Stages
- Supports Phase Adding/Shedding for Multi-Phase Power Stages
- Sync In/Out Pins Align DPWM Clocks Between Multiple UCD92xx Devices
- 12-Bit Digital Monitoring of Power Supply Parameters Including:
- Input/Output Current and Voltage
- Temperature at Each Power Stage
- Multiple Levels of Over-current Fault Protection:
- External Current Fault Inputs
- Fast Overcurrent Protection
- Current Continually Digitally Monitored
- Over- and Under-voltage Fault Protection
- Over-temperature Fault Protection
- Enhanced Nonvolatile Memory with Error Correction Code (ECC)
- Device Operates From a Single Supply with an Internal Regulator Controller That Allows Operation Over a Wide Supply Voltage Range
- Supported by Fusion Digital Power Designer, a Full Featured PC Based Design Tool to Simulate, Configure, and Monitor Power Supply Performance
- Networking Equipment
- Telecommunications Equipment
- Storage Systems
- FPGA, DSP and Memory Power
Texas Instruments UCD9246RGCT
The UCD9246 is a multi-rail, multi-phase synchronous buck digital PWM controller designed for non-isolated DC/DC power applications. This device integrates dedicated circuitry for DC/DC loop management with flash memory and a serial interface to support configurability, monitoring and management.
The UCD9246 was designed to provide a wide variety of desirable features for non-isolated DC/DC converter applications while minimizing the total system component count by reducing external circuits. The solution integrates multi-loop management with sequencing, margining, tracking and intelligent phase management to optimize for total system efficiency. Additionally, loop compensation and calibration are supported without the need to add external components.
To facilitate configuring the device, the Texas Instruments Fusion Digital Power Designer is provided. This PC based Graphical User Interface offers an intuitive interface to the device. This tool allows the design engineer to configure the system operating parameters for the application, store the configuration to on-chip non-volatile memory and observe both frequency domain and time domain simulations for each of the power stage outputs.
TI has also developed multiple complementary power stage solutions – from discrete drivers in the UCD7k family to fully tested power train modules in the PTD family. These solutions have been developed to complement the UCD9k family of system power controllers.