- Low Power: 270 mW at 500 MSPS
- LVDS Input Data Bus
- Interleaved DDR Data Load
- High DC Accuracy: ±0.25 LSB DNL (10-bit),
± 0.5 LSB INL (12-bit)
- Low Latency: 1.5 Clock Cycles
- Simple Control: No Software Required
- Differential Scalable Output: 2 mA to 20 mA
- On-Chip 1.2-V Reference
- 1.8-V and 3.3-V DC Supplies
- Space Saving Package: 48-pin 7-mm × 7-mm QFN
- Cellular Base Stations
- Wideband Communications
- Medical Instrumentation
- Test and Measurement
The DAC3152/DAC3162 is a low-power, low-latency, high-dynamic-range, dual-channel, 10-/12-bit, pin-compatible family of digital-to-analog converters (DACs) with a sample rate as high as 500 MSPS.
The device simplicity (no software required), low latency, and low power simplify the design of complex systems. The DACs interface seamlessly with the high-performance TRF370333 analog quadrature modulator for direct upconversion architectures.
Digital data for both DAC channels is interleaved through a single LVDS data bus with on-chip termination. The high input rate of the devices allows the processing of wide-bandwidth signals.
The devices are characterized for operation over the entire industrial temperature range of –40°C to 85°C and are available in a small 48-pin 7-mm × 7-mm QFN package.
The low power, small size, speed, superior crosstalk, simplicity, and low latency of the DAC3152/DAC3162 make them an attractive fit for a variety of applications.