AWR1843 single-chip 76-GHz to 81-GHz automotive radar sensor evaluation module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- AWR1843BOOST and IWR1843BOOST Single-Chip mmWave Sensing Solution User's Guide (Rev. B)
(PDF 6411 KB)
19 May 2020
The AWR1843 BoosterPack™ plug-in module is an easy-to-use 77GHz mmWave sensor evaluation board for the single-chip AWR1843 device, with direct connectivity to the TI MCU LaunchPad™ development-kit ecosystem.
The BoosterPack™ contains everything required to start developing software for on-chip C67x DSP core and low-power ARM® R4F controllers, including onboard emulation for programming and debugging, as well as onboard buttons and LEDs for quick integration of a simple user interface.
This kit is supported by mmWave tools and software, including mmWave Studio (MMWAVE-STUDIO) and the mmWave software development kit (MMWAVE-SDK).
The standard 20-pin BoosterPack headers make the evaluation board compatible with a wide variety of MCU LaunchPad development kits and enable easy prototyping.
Additional boards may be used to enable additional functionality. For example, DCA1000EVM enables access to sensor’s raw data via LVDS interface.
A 5-V, >2.5-A supply brick with a 2.1-mm barrel jack (center positive) is not included. TI recommends purchasing an external power supply that complies with applicable regional safety standards.
Step 1: Buy this EVM (AWR1843BOOST)
Step 2: Get started with OOB application by connecting the EVM to mmWave Visualizer
Step 3: Download the MMWAVE-AUTOMOTIVE-TOOLBOX-CLOUD and further evaluate additional mmWave examples and applications
Step 4: Download the MMWAVE-SDK and start developing your application code
- Onboard antenna enables field testing
- XDS110-based JTAG with serial-port interface for flash programming
- UART-to-USB interface for control, configuration, and data visualization
- TI LaunchPad development-kit interface to seamlessly connect to TI MCUs
- CAN connector enables direct interfact to car units
- Micro USB cable (#3025010-03)
- Mounting brackets with Bumpon™ (#36-625-ND, SJ61A1)
- M3-size screws (#PMSSS 632 0038 PH)
- M3-size nuts (#HNSS 632)
- Jumpers (#SPC02SYAN)