BeagleBone Black is a low-cost, open source, community-supported development platform for ARM® Cortex™-A8 processor developers and hobbyists. Boot Linux in under 10-seconds and get started on Sitara™ AM335x ARM Cortex-A8 processor development in less than 5 minutes with just a single USB cable.
BeagleBone Black ships with the Debian GNU/Linux™ in onboard FLASH to start evaluation and development. Many other Linux distributions and operating systems are also supported on BeagleBone Black including:
BeagleBone Black's capabilities can be extended using plug-in boards called “capes” that can be plugged into BeagleBone Black's two 46-pin dual-row expansion headers. Capes are available for, VGA, LCD, motor control, prototyping, battery power and other functionality. More information.
- Example Applications: Robotics, motor drivers, Twitter printer, data backup, SDR base station, USB data acquisition and more
- Board size: 3.4" x 2.1"
- DDR memory: 512 MB
- Ethernet: On-chip 10/100 Ethernet
- JTAG: Optional
- Memory: 4GB eMMC memory that’s pre-loaded with Debian GNU/Linux™distribution and that frees up your microSD card slot
- More info: Product Details
- Power Options: Via USB or 5V DC input
- Price (USD) Per Unit: $55.00 (Suggested Retail Price)
- Processor: 1GHz AM3359 Sitara ARM Cortex-A8
- USB: 1-port USB 2.0 Host, 1-port USB 2.0 Client
- Version Date: 14 May 2014
|Looking for assistance? Check out these resources:|
|Step 1||Step 2||Step 3|
Reference the BeagleBone Black System Reference Manual
Visit the BeagleBone Black Support Community