Dual Stepper Motor Driver BoosterPack featuring ULN2003 and CSD17571Q2 NexFET™
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- BOOSTXL-ULN2003 Dual Stepper Motor Driver BoosterPack Hardware
(PDF 3002 KB)
12 Apr 2016
The BOOSTXL-ULN2003 is 2A stepper motor driver kit which features TI's ULN2003A bipolar transistor array and the CSD1751Q2 NexFET™. This BoosterPack™ contains everything needed to drive up to 2 stepper motors or 8 channels, with up to 30V and supports both serial and parallel interfaces. This design features the SN74HC595 shift register to enable serial communication to reduce the number of GPIOs used. The switches on-board also enable parallel interface to directly control each channel for Motor 1 or Motor 2. The BOOSTXL-ULN2003 is ideal for those wishing to learn more about stepper motor driving and even high voltage sourcing design. This kit was designed to be compatible with all TI LaunchPads following the LaunchPad Pinout Standard, with primary software/firmware support being provided for the MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad with a MSP430G2553. This kit is also compatible with TI’s CC3100BOOST SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® BoosterPack™ for internet of things (IoT) projects.
- 3.3V, 5V to 30V Selectable split rail supplies for analog and MCU
- Supports up to 2.5A peak total current, 500mA per channel with up to 8 channels
- Direct interface per channel or serial shift-register adressable inputs
- Complete stepper motor driver stage in ultra small form factor (17.46mm x 22.23 mm)
- Works with any Launchpad and Lauchpad XL enabled processors from TI (MSP430G2, MSP432P401, MSP430FR, CC3200, CC2650, etc.)